Unbabel Announces LangOps Survey Results, New Market Category
SAN FRANCISCO, July 20, 2021 — Unbabel, an AI-powered Language Operations platform that helps businesses deliver multilingual support at scale, today is announcing a new market category: Language Operations (LangOps). LangOps is a unified approach that helps global businesses communicate trust more effectively with their customers and stakeholders in any language. It gives transparency and control over every aspect of language in an organization by breaking multilingual barriers and solving a key challenge to worldwide market expansion.
“We believe establishing LangOps as its own category enables customers to centralize and scale multilingual capabilities across their business,” explained Vasco Pedro, co-founder and CEO at Unbabel. “All enterprises run language processes through a complex mix of varied systems, agencies, and people. This manual and fragmented problem hinders communication, blocks cross-functional collaboration, and traps global expansion. LangOps will redefine how businesses unify and manage their language strategy to unlock business growth and exceed customer expectations.”
As part of this category launch, Unbabel is announcing the 2021 Unbabel LangOps Survey that reveals a strong market desire among participants for centralized LangOps, as well as optimism around LangOps’ value and business adoption. Unbabel collected findings from 1,058 U.S. respondents with decision-making authority across functions such as customer support, sales, marketing, IT, business operations, HR, finance, and procurement in organizations with global operations. Participants were split evenly between those of mid-market (100-999 employees) and enterprise (1,000+ employee) organizations.
Key findings include the following:
- Localization is not enabling companies to scale. Respondents feel their current localization function falls short in quality (34%), speed (32%), and consistency (30%). Businesses expanding to capture new markets are blocked by language, due to the tremendous cost (say 44%), a lack of a clear single owner (36%) and the disconnected, decentralized process of incorporating new languages (36%).
- LangOps would save money. More than 90% of those surveyed agree a centralized LangOps platform could be a cost-effective solution to do more with less.
- Centralized LangOps is valuable. More than 86% believe that a centralized LangOps team managing all the translation and localization efforts in their organization could be extremely or very valuable.
- LangOps is important for global market strategy. More than 90% of respondents agree that LangOps could be extremely or very important for their organizations’ global market strategy.
- The market feels confident about rapid adoption. More than half (52%) of respondents would like to get a LangOps solution implemented in the next five or six months.
Unbabel is uniquely positioned to spearhead the LangOps category, thanks to its proprietary AI-powered, human-refined machine translation technology that powers an entire organization’s language strategy. As a LangOps platform provider, companies need to offer customers a single dashboard with:
- key language analytics that provide comprehensive insights for all critical business functions;
- augmented machine translation tools and workflows that enable key stakeholders to collaborate and optimize a more efficient translation process;
- and seamless integrations and APIs that plug into existing systems to incorporate translations into different communication channels.
Learn more about LangOps and the future of your language strategy here.
Unbabel eliminates language barriers so that businesses can thrive across cultures and geographies. The company’s Language Operations solution blends advanced artificial intelligence with human editors, for fast, efficient, high-quality translations that get smarter over time. Unbabel integrates seamlessly in any channel, so agents can deliver consistent multilingual support from within their existing workflows. This makes it easy for enterprises to grow into new markets and build customer trust in every corner of the world. Based in San Francisco, Calif., Unbabel works with leading customer support teams at brands such as Panasonic, Microsoft, Booking.com, and Udemy, to communicate effortlessly with customers around the world, no matter what language they speak. For more information, visit www.unbabel.com.