GoodData to Leverage HP Vertica Analytics Platform
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., June 25 – GoodData today announced it is leveraging the HP Vertica Analytics Platform to power its cloud-based Open Analytics Platform and enable real-time data analysis for its customers.
A key challenge faced by organizations is the need for speed, high availability, and flexibility of data and analytics. Traditional solutions were not built to handle the variety and volume of the data flowing throughout today’s data-driven companies. By moving from a traditional system to HP Vertica, a next-generation analytics platform, GoodData can deliver a comprehensive, scalable, and agile solution that produces answers as much as 1,000 times faster to enable an iterative analytics approach for GoodData customers.
“The amount of data moving through companies today is staggering. However, very few companies are putting it to use. This is where GoodData thrives,” says Roman Stanek, CEO and founder of GoodData. “As the cloud produces data at such a rapid rate, organizations can capitalize on competitive opportunities by using all data available to them. We’re excited to give our customers more powerful data analytics and visualizations delivered by HP Vertica.”
With HP Vertica powering GoodData’s cloud-based Open Analytics Platform, GoodData customers experience:
- Fast and continuous loading from the data storage service staging and archiving system
- Built-in analytic functions and engines to increase the volume of data fed to GoodData analytic data marts
- Speed of a pure columnar architecture, which is reflected in dramatic improvements in dashboard and report execution
- Clustered, highly available, parallel architecture for infinitely scalable long term, central warehouse storage
- Vertica platform easily fits within GoodData’s architecture as the backbone of a complete end-to-end analytic experience capable of handling all available data found within an organization
“Leveraging the power of HP Vertica with the precision and cloud-based approach of GoodData, companies that choose this solution will be able to provide real time analytics to their employees, customers and partners — to enable informed business decisions,” says Chris Selland, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at HP Vertica.