Salesforce and Snowflake Make Data Sharing-Based Integration Generally Available
Sept. 8, 2023 — Salesforce today announced the general availability of Bring Your Own Lake (BYOL) Data Sharing with the Snowflake Data Cloud from Salesforce Data Cloud. This builds on Salesforce and Snowflake’s existing partnership to bring together data storage and actionable insights for their customers.
Salesforce Data Cloud is a hyperscale customer data platform that lets companies unify all their Salesforce data with vast amounts of engagement data from external sources to create harmonized and unified customer profiles. It enables businesses to quickly action data across the Salesforce Customer 360 with AI, automation, and analytics across sales, service, marketing, and commerce applications.
- The collaboration bridges Salesforce and Snowflake data, solving a common challenge faced by businesses: the need to seamlessly combine customer data from Salesforce with data in Snowflake.
- By doing so, companies can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, market trends, and operational efficiency – allowing them to react more swiftly to market changes, anticipate customer needs, and optimize their operations.
With Salesforce’s BYOL Data Sharing with the Snowflake Data Cloud, joint customers can enhance the value of their Salesforce data by combining it with enterprise data in Snowflake. Organizations can now power their Snowflake workloads with valuable customer data and insights from Salesforce Data Cloud.
- This integration makes it easy to convert data into insights. For example, a retail business can quickly combine its Salesforce sales data with external market trends from Snowflake. This helps them identify changes in customer behavior, allowing for smarter inventory management and marketing decisions, all leading to better customer experiences through AI-driven insights.
- In the coming months, Salesforce and Snowflake plan to launch BYOL Data Federation so Snowflake data can be accessed within Salesforce Data Cloud, completing the bidirectional data sharing capability.
- Once unified, data accessed in Salesforce Data Cloud becomes natively available throughout existing applications and processes within the Customer 360.
The introduction of Salesforce’s BYOL Data Sharing with Snowflake provides customers with direct access to data across platforms without the need for traditionally complex Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes.
- The zero-ETL approach ensures real-time access to the most up-to-date data while maintaining the highest standards of security and governance. This eliminates the need for maintaining traditional ETL tools, streamlining the data management and reducing operational costs.
BYOL Data Sharing with Snowflake opens up new possibilities across roles. For example:
- A data scientist can build AI and machine learning models in Snowflake to determine customer purchase propensity scores for specific product categories. By joining Salesforce objects like profiles, website visits, and POS Data with Snowflake’s product category data, they can unlock new insights.
- A marketer can enhance segmentation and personalize campaigns by merging CRM and non-CRM data. They can then use that data in custom AI models to predict customer preferences, leading to hyper-targeted campaigns and maximized engagement.
- A salesperson can leverage intelligent forecasting and performance analytics by integrating CRM and third-party data in Snowflake. They can then refine strategies, optimize performance, and prioritize customer-centric success.
- An analyst can drive informed decision-making by merging historical sales and contact data from Salesforce with web analytics data in Snowflake. This will help identify customer trends and behavior for strategic insights.
“Data is the foundation for providing AI-driven personalized and relevant experiences across all touchpoints. Our partnership with Snowflake enables companies to smoothly unite their data, driving better customer insights and experiences. Together, we’re shaping the future of data and AI-driven success,” said Rahul Auradkar, EVP & GM of Unified Data Services & Einstein at Salesforce.
Stream Dreamforce 2023 on Salesforce+ and stop by Snowflake’s booth at Dreamforce to learn more about the integration.
Salesforce empowers companies of every size and industry to connect with their customers in a whole new way through the power of AI + data + CRM. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: salesforce.com.
Snowflake enables every organization to mobilize their data with Snowflake’s Data Cloud. Customers use the Data Cloud to unite siloed data, discover and securely share data, and execute diverse analytic workloads. Wherever data or users live, Snowflake delivers a single data experience that spans multiple clouds and geographies. Thousands of customers across many industries, including 590 of the 2022 Forbes Global 2000 (G2K) as of April 30, 2023, use Snowflake Data Cloud to power their businesses.