Kyvos Insights Announces Integration With Tableau
LOS GATOS, Calif. and NEW YORK, N.Y., Sept. 29 — Kyvos Insights, a big data analytics company, today announced that it will be showcasing the combined capabilities of its flagship product Kyvos – a massively scalable, self-service online analytical processing (OLAP) solution for big data analytics – with Tableau Software at two upcoming events in October. As a technology partner, Kyvos works with Tableau to make it simple for the everyday business user to access, integrate, analyze and visualize data on Hadoop to obtain powerful insights from their data to make better business decisions.
Details on the October events are as follows:
- “Kyvos + Tableau = High Performance Analytics on Big Data”webinar – To be held on Oct. 7, 2015, from 10-11 a.m. PT. Attendees will learn how Kyvos Insights is changing the way enterprises look at big data analytics by combining the power of Kyvos’ massively scalable analytics platform with Tableau’s powerful visualizations. To register, please visit: http://www.kyvosinsights.com/webinar-kyvos-tableau-integration.
- Tableau Conference 2015– Taking place Oct. 19-23, 2015, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas at booth number 504. For more information and to schedule a meeting, visit: http://www.kyvosinsights.com/tableau-conference.
Launched in June 2015, Kyvos’ “cubes on Hadoop” technology allows Tableau users to work directly with their data on Hadoop to visualize, explore and analyze big data interactively. Through the integration, Kyvos:
- Allows Tableau users to receive high-performance access to massive amounts of data on Hadoop, with instant response times;
- Eliminates the performance bottlenecks that users experience when trying to connect to their data on Hadoop, saving valuable time;
- Provides seamless integration with Tableau, enabling users to explore, slice and dice, drill down, analyze and visualize their data at any scale directly from their Tableau desktop; and
- Avoids the latency and expense of moving data to a separate data mart.
“Tableau users who must access data in Hadoop face the challenges of slow response time and limited SQL capabilities. To work around this, some organizations position files or tables in Hadoop to serve to Tableau directly, but this approach means every file is delivered by a program that a developer must create,” said Mark Madsen, research director at Third Nature. “These types of problems make it difficult to get and analyze data in a timely fashion, something that Tableau users expect. Products like Kyvos fill a gap in the environment and make interactive data access easier and faster for analysts.”
Kyvos helps customers convert data into powerful insights that lead to more meaningful customer understanding, targeted marketing, efficient operations and increased profitability. The solution also provides customers with the flexibility to use Kyvos, regardless of their Hadoop vendor, by supporting all major distributions such as Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR.
“Business users love using Tableau Software, but struggle when dealing with data at massive scale and cardinality,” said Ajay Anand, vice president of products at Kyvos Insights. “By optimizing Kyvos to seamlessly integrate with Tableau, we eliminate these performance constraints. Tableau users can now transparently connect to data with billions of rows and get instant response times for their visualizations.”
About Kyvos Insights
Kyvos Insights is committed to unlocking the power of big data analytics with its unique “OLAP on Hadoop” technology. Backed by years of analytics expertise and a passion for big data, the company aims to revolutionize big data analytics by providing business users with the ability to visualize, explore and analyze big data interactively, working directly on Hadoop. Headquartered in Los Gatos, California, Kyvos Insights was formed by a team of veterans from Yahoo!, Impetus and Intellicus Technologies. The company has partnered with companies including Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and Tableau. For more information, visit www.kyvosinsights.com or connect with us on Twitter @kyvosinsights and LinkedIn at: http://linkd.in/1Fg3lNr.
Source: Kyvos Insights