erwin Introduces Enterprise Architecture, Business Process Modeling Software Platform
MELVILLE, N.Y., Feb. 19, 2020 – erwin, Inc. today announced the availability of erwin Evolve, a full-featured, configurable set of enterprise architecture (EA) and business process (BP) modeling and analysis tools. The combined solution enables organizations to map IT capabilities to the business functions they support and determine how people, processes, data, technologies and applications interact to ensure alignment in achieving enterprise objectives, including digital transformation, cloud migration, portfolio and infrastructure rationalization, regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and innovation management initiatives.
“Whether documenting systems and technology, designing processes and value streams, or managing innovation and change, organizations need flexible but powerful EA and BP tools they can rely on for collecting the relevant information for decision-making,” explains Martin Owen, erwin’s Senior Vice President of Product Strategy. “It’s like constructing a building or even a city – you need a blueprint to understand what goes where, how everything fits together to support the structure, where you have room to grow, and if it will be feasible to knock down any walls if you need to. Without a picture of what’s what and the interdependencies, your enterprise can’t make changes at speed and scale to serve its needs.”
The power to adapt the EA/BP platform leads global giants in critical infrastructure, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals to deploy what is now erwin Evolve for both EA and BP use cases. Its unique advantages are:
- Integrated, Web-Based Modeling & Diagramming: Harmonize EA/BP capabilities with a robust, flexible and web-based modeling and diagramming interface easy for all stakeholders to use.
- High-Performance, Scalable & Centralized Repository: See an integrated set of views for EA and BP content in a central, enterprise-strength repository capable of supporting thousands of global users.
- Configurable Platform with Role-Based Views: Configure the metamodel, frameworks and user interface for an integrated, single source of truth with different views for different stakeholders based on their roles and information needs.
- Visualizations & Dashboards: View mission-critical data in the central repository in the form of user-friendly automated visualizations, dashboards and diagrams.
- Third-Party Integrations: Ensure the availability of real-time, accurate data with a wide range of API extensions to import data from such enterprise applications as CAST, Cloud Health, RSA Archer, ServiceNow and Zendesk.
- Professional Services: Tap into the knowledge of our EA and BP consultants, each with more than 15 years of experience, for installation, configuration and installment plus help with customizations and integrations, including support for ArchiMate.
erwin Evolve 2020’s specific enhancements include web-based diagramming for non-IT users, stronger document generation and analytics, TOGAF support, improved modeling and navigation through inferred relationships, new API extensions, and modular packaging so customers can choose the components that best meet their needs. erwin Evolve is also part of the erwin EDGE with data modeling, data catalog and data literacy capabilities for overall data intelligence.
“Organizational success depends on agility and adaptability in responding to change across the enterprise, both planned and unplanned,” Owen notes. “erwin Evolve enables communication and collaboration across the enterprise with reliable tools that make it possible to quickly and accurately gather information, make decisions, and then ensure consistent standards, policies and processes are established and available for consumption internally and externally as required.”
Data is everywhere. So every day, industry and government are challenged to ride this massive data tidal wave. They have to manage both the massive risks and opportunities that come with high-volume, high-velocity and high-variety information assets that power their processes, technologies and ultimately their people. At erwin, data is our business. It’s all we do. It’s all we’ve ever done. Given this expertise and customer needs, we’re focused on data governance as the guiding principle and underlying technology to mitigate risk and realize peak business performance. After all, data is an asset that must be inventoried, cataloged, protected and made accessible in the right context so employees can act on it.