Embedded Analytics Sector Consolidates
Embedded analytics specialist Logi Analytics Inc. is acquiring Jinfonet Software, developer of a Java-based architecture used to embed interactive dashboards and reports into web and other enterprise applications.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The acquisition announced Tuesday (Feb. 12) combines the two leading embedded analytics vendors. Jinfonet’s flagship JReport platform is a Java reporting system designed to deliver integrated business intelligence. JReport can be embedded into applications via a set of APIs. The reports and dashboards also provide interactive data visualization.
Jinfonet, Rockville, Md., said its Java reporting engine runs on in-memory “cubes” and distributed cluster servers.
“Applications are increasingly being driven by analytics,” said Logi Analytics CEO Steven Schneider. “By acquiring Jinfonet, we are creating the dominant provider exclusively focused on embedded analytics.”
The combination also would deliver new workflow capabilities along with the ability to write-back to a database. The buyer also touted Jinfonet’s “pixel-perfect” operational reporting while adding predictive analytics and security integration.
“Embedding analytics is all about contextualized data insights and how we can improve existing applications to enhance workforce efficiency from within the enterprise,” Dean Yao, Jinfonet’s director of marketing, told Datanami in 2017.
Logi Analytics, headquartered just across the Potomac River in Mclean, Va., has been among the leaders in embedding data visualization and other analytics tools into web and mobile applications.
According to a study commissioned by Logi Analytics last fall, embedded analytics accounts for more than half the value in enterprise applications. The company said the survey findings reveal that application developers are attempting to move up the value chain by offering new embedded features such as data visualizations, interactive dashboards and predictive analytics.
Embedded tools also are touted as accelerating the steady shift toward self-service analytics, helping users find their own new data sources, for example. That, in turn, frees developers to concentrate on core applications.
“We will continue investing in the embedded analytics space to bring innovations to application teams that are building mission-critical applications,” Schneider said in announcing the acquisition.
September 24, 2021
- AWS Announces General Availability of Amazon QuickSight Q
- IDC’s 3rd Platform Industry Spending Guides Provide In-Depth Sub-Industry Forecasts for Technology Investments Across Nine Industries
- Scality Awarded US Patent for Hyperscale Data Protection
September 23, 2021
- AtScale Expands Semantic Layer Solution for Microsoft Excel
- CNCF End User Technology Radar Provides Insights into DevSecOps
- At Annual OCEANS 2021, Sofar Ocean Debuts First-of-Its-Kind Maritime Open Standard, Bristlemouth
- Elastic Announces the General Availability of Elastic App Search Web Crawler, New Features for Elastic Enterprise Search
- Securonix Achieves FedRAMP In-Process Authorization
- EDJX and Cubic Corporation Partner to Launch the Internet of Military Things Edge Platform
September 22, 2021
- GigaOm Names Moogsoft an Industry Leader in “Radar for AIOps Solutions” Report
- Clearsense Acquires Plug-and-Play AI Analytics Firm
- Purdue University Global Launches Master of Science in Data Analytics
- Dihuni OptiReady CognitX Deep Learning Servers and Workstations Powered by NVIDIA Ampere Architecture-based GPUs
- Scality Awarded New U.S. Patent for Breakthrough Technology in Hyper-Scale Data Protection
- MicroAI to Bring AI Training to Renesas MCUs
- Recent Gartner VP Analyst Sanjeev Mohan Joins Okera as a Strategic Advisor
- C3 AI Reinvents Enterprise Software UX With C3 AI Data Vision
September 21, 2021
- Healthcare Analytics Summit 21 Virtual Kicks Off Today
- Tesco Selects Teradata Vantage to Drive Enterprise-Wide Analytics at Scale
- Ketch Secures $20 Million in Series A1 Funding, Accelerating its Rapid Growth
Most Read Features
- One on One with Google Cloud Product Director Irina Farooq
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- Tabular Seeks to Remake Cloud Data Lakes in Iceberg’s Image
- What’s the Difference Between AI, ML, Deep Learning, and Active Learning?
- Who’s Winning In the $17B AIOps and Observability Market
- SambaNova Brings Custom Silicon To Bear on High-End AI Workloads
- COVID-Driven Cloud Surge Takes a Toll on the Data
- In Search of the Modern Data Stack
- How the Coronavirus Response Is Aided by Analytics
- Rethinking Education in an AI-First World
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- LinkedIn Open Sources Tech Behind 10,000-Node Hadoop Cluster
- Data and AI Salaries Continue Upward March, O’Reilly Says
- Gartner Shuffles the Technology Deck with Latest ‘Hype Cycle’ Report
- Data Prep Still Dominates Data Scientists’ Time, Survey Finds
- Who’s Winning in Open Source Data Tech
- Can Apple Right its Privacy and Security Cart?
- Bigeye Observes $45 Million in Funding
- Why Is SAS Going Public?
- Hands-Off: Manual Data Integration Tasks Plummeting, Gartner Says
- Apollo CEO Bullish on GraphQL’s Potential in the Enterprise
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- TIBCO NOW 2021 Showcases Limitless Power of Data
- Toloka Launches Data Research Grants, Announces First Eight Recipients
- Anaconda Announces Support for Pyston, Hiring Lead Developers Kevin Modzelewski and Marius Wachtler
- Kinetica Fuses Streaming and Contextual Analysis At Scale
- Aporia Launches Self-Serve Machine Learning Platform Open to Public
- Cribl Raises $200M in Series C Funding on Traction with Global Enterprise Customers
- MariaDB Announces SIS Provider Campus Cloud Services Migration to MariaDB SkySQL
- Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC) Launches an Artificial Intelligence Benchmark (TPCx-AI)
- JetBrains Launches Public Early-Access Program for JetBrains DataSpell IDE
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Wins $2B HPE GreenLake Contract with NSA
- More This Just In…
Sponsored Partner Content
October 5 - October 7
October 12 - October 14
October 19London United Kingdom
October 27 - October 28
November 29 - December 3
December 6 - December 10San Diego CA United States