Embedded Analytics Sector Consolidates
Embedded analytics specialist Logi Analytics Inc. is acquiring Jinfonet Software, developer of a Java-based architecture used to embed interactive dashboards and reports into web and other enterprise applications.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The acquisition announced Tuesday (Feb. 12) combines the two leading embedded analytics vendors. Jinfonet’s flagship JReport platform is a Java reporting system designed to deliver integrated business intelligence. JReport can be embedded into applications via a set of APIs. The reports and dashboards also provide interactive data visualization.
Jinfonet, Rockville, Md., said its Java reporting engine runs on in-memory “cubes” and distributed cluster servers.
“Applications are increasingly being driven by analytics,” said Logi Analytics CEO Steven Schneider. “By acquiring Jinfonet, we are creating the dominant provider exclusively focused on embedded analytics.”
The combination also would deliver new workflow capabilities along with the ability to write-back to a database. The buyer also touted Jinfonet’s “pixel-perfect” operational reporting while adding predictive analytics and security integration.
“Embedding analytics is all about contextualized data insights and how we can improve existing applications to enhance workforce efficiency from within the enterprise,” Dean Yao, Jinfonet’s director of marketing, told Datanami in 2017.
Logi Analytics, headquartered just across the Potomac River in Mclean, Va., has been among the leaders in embedding data visualization and other analytics tools into web and mobile applications.
According to a study commissioned by Logi Analytics last fall, embedded analytics accounts for more than half the value in enterprise applications. The company said the survey findings reveal that application developers are attempting to move up the value chain by offering new embedded features such as data visualizations, interactive dashboards and predictive analytics.
Embedded tools also are touted as accelerating the steady shift toward self-service analytics, helping users find their own new data sources, for example. That, in turn, frees developers to concentrate on core applications.
“We will continue investing in the embedded analytics space to bring innovations to application teams that are building mission-critical applications,” Schneider said in announcing the acquisition.
February 24, 2021
- Pliops Closes $65M Funding Round for Datacenter Efficiency
- Digital Guardian Deepens Relationship with AWS
- Actian Launches New CX-Focused Capabilities for Cloud Data Warehouse
- Hazelcast Releases Cloud-based Architecture for Financial Services Risk Management Applications
- Veeam Releases New V11 with 200+ Enhancements, Eliminating Ransomware and Data Loss
- Katana Graph Secures $28.5 Million Series A Financing Round Led by Intel Capital
February 23, 2021
- Mission Launches Data, Analytics and Machine Learning Practice for Businesses on AWS
- Hasura Releases Version 2.0 of its Open Source GraphQL Engine
- StorageOS Secures $10M in Series B Funding for its Cloud Native Storage Solution
- Tookitaki Powers AI-Driven Anti-Money Laundering Using HPE GreenLake
- ScienceLogic Raises $105 Million in New Financing for AIOps
- Teradata Joins Open Manufacturing Platform
February 22, 2021
- Researchers Develop Software to Extend GraphIt to Run on GPUs
- Wharton Research Data Services Expands RavenPack Analytics
- HPE and Cristie Data Helping the Greater London Authority Tackle the City’s Biggest Challenges
- Octopai Business Intelligence Platform Announces Support of Snowflake
- Privitar’s Latest Data Privacy Platform Release Offers Enhanced HIPAA Compliance Features, Language Support
- ALP.Lab and Cepton Deploy Lidar Intelligence to Enable Smart Intersections in Europe
- BlackRock to Launch the ‘Aladdin Data Cloud’ Powered by Snowflake
February 19, 2021
Most Read Features
- He Couldn’t Beat Teradata. Now He’s Its CEO
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- Who’s Winning the Cloud Database War
- Why Data Science Is Still a Top Job
- Snowflake: Not What You May Think It Is
- Big Data Predictions: What 2020 Will Bring
- Governance, Privacy, and Ethics at the Forefront of Data in 2021
- Apache Iceberg: The Hub of an Emerging Data Service Ecosystem?
- Understanding Your Options for Stream Processing Frameworks
- Empowering the Data Consumer: Living, and Breathing Data Governance, Security, and Regulations
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- Databricks Edges Closer to IPO with $1B Round
- Researchers Use Deep Learning to Plow Through NASA Snow Radar Data
- Databricks Plotting IPO in 2021, Bloomberg Reports
- Momentum Builds to Break Elasticsearch Licensing Deadlock
- The AI Inside NASA’s Latest Mars Rover, Perseverance
- Soda Launches Open Data Monitoring
- Update: Elastic Shifts Licensing Terms, Citing Amazon Moves
- Data Prep Still Dominates Data Scientists’ Time, Survey Finds
- The Rise and Fall of Qlik
- Python Popularity Persists, AI Drives PyTorch
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- Cal Poly Team Working on Cross-disciplinary Data Science and Analytics Effort
- UCL Reports: Online Search Activity Can Help Predict Peaks in COVID-19 Cases
- SingleStore Strengthens Executive Team with Oliver Schabenberger as Chief Innovation Officer
- Collibra Acquires Predictive Data Quality Vendor OwlDQ
- DataRobot Announces Feature Discovery Integration with Snowflake
- SAS Establishes Opioid Analytics Users Group
- SingleStore Adds AWS Glue for Simpler Cloud Data Integration
- NVIDIA Violates the Transaction Processing Performance Council’s Fair Use Policy
- McKinsey & Company Launches Data Analytics Platform Experience DNA
- Sinequa Announces Strong Momentum and Fiscal Year 2020 Results Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- More This Just In…