Embedded Analytics Sector Consolidates
Embedded analytics specialist Logi Analytics Inc. is acquiring Jinfonet Software, developer of a Java-based architecture used to embed interactive dashboards and reports into web and other enterprise applications.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The acquisition announced Tuesday (Feb. 12) combines the two leading embedded analytics vendors. Jinfonet’s flagship JReport platform is a Java reporting system designed to deliver integrated business intelligence. JReport can be embedded into applications via a set of APIs. The reports and dashboards also provide interactive data visualization.
Jinfonet, Rockville, Md., said its Java reporting engine runs on in-memory “cubes” and distributed cluster servers.
“Applications are increasingly being driven by analytics,” said Logi Analytics CEO Steven Schneider. “By acquiring Jinfonet, we are creating the dominant provider exclusively focused on embedded analytics.”
The combination also would deliver new workflow capabilities along with the ability to write-back to a database. The buyer also touted Jinfonet’s “pixel-perfect” operational reporting while adding predictive analytics and security integration.
“Embedding analytics is all about contextualized data insights and how we can improve existing applications to enhance workforce efficiency from within the enterprise,” Dean Yao, Jinfonet’s director of marketing, told Datanami in 2017.
Logi Analytics, headquartered just across the Potomac River in Mclean, Va., has been among the leaders in embedding data visualization and other analytics tools into web and mobile applications.
According to a study commissioned by Logi Analytics last fall, embedded analytics accounts for more than half the value in enterprise applications. The company said the survey findings reveal that application developers are attempting to move up the value chain by offering new embedded features such as data visualizations, interactive dashboards and predictive analytics.
Embedded tools also are touted as accelerating the steady shift toward self-service analytics, helping users find their own new data sources, for example. That, in turn, frees developers to concentrate on core applications.
“We will continue investing in the embedded analytics space to bring innovations to application teams that are building mission-critical applications,” Schneider said in announcing the acquisition.
July 2, 2020
- Anaconda Releases 2020 State of Data Science Survey Results
- Big Data Analytics Among Top Three Deployment Priorities for Enterprises, Says Frost & Sullivan
- Informatica Acquires Compact Solutions
- Confluent Announces Infinite Retention for Apache Kafka in Confluent Cloud
- BP Invests $5M in Geospatial Analytics Software Company Satelytics
- Data Visualization Gets Artificial Intelligence Boost with $5M NSF Grant
- LSU CS Professor Studies COVID-19 Disparities on Social Media
July 1, 2020
- OmniSci Powers New Website Enabling Public to View House-by-House Information On Flint Water Crisis
- Aerospike Adds New Partners to Meet Growing Demand in APAC Region
- Informatica, The ADAPT Research Centre Collaborate to Accelerate AI Research, Development
- Huawei’s Data Virtualization Engine openLooKeng Goes Open Source
- Zoic Labs Creates Interactive Data Visualization Tool, Connecting Scientists with COVID-19 Research Data
- Noodle Partners and Stevens Institute of Technology Address Shifting Demand with Online Programs
- Decisions, NLP Logix Partner to Deliver Machine Learning Capabilities to Business Process Management
- UMass Amherst Awarded Federal Grants to Support Research to Improve Pandemic Forecasting
- Yellowbrick Makes Cloud Disaster Recovery Service, New Features Generally Available
June 30, 2020
- Hitachi Vantara Names Gajen Kandiah as New CEO
- Ahana Announces Linux Foundation’s PrestoDB Now Available on AWS Marketplace and DockerHub
- Fivetran Raises $100M in Series C Financing Round
- American Family Insurance Data Science Institute Awards ‘Mini Grants’ to Advance Data Science
Most Read Features
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- Nvidia Destroys TPCx-BB Benchmark with GPUs
- How to Build a Better Machine Learning Pipeline
- BI Tools — Are They Enough to Build a Data-Driven Culture?
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting the Market for Data Jobs
- Databricks Brings Data Science, Engineering Together with New Workspace
- What Is a Data Cloud? And 11 Other Snowflake Enhancements
- Understanding Your Options for Stream Processing Frameworks
- MongoDB Steps Up Game with MongoDB Cloud
- SAS Provides Big Data Solutions for… Bees?
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- New Report Ranks Countries by COVID-19 Safety
- Spark 3.0 Brings Big SQL Speed-Up, Better Python Hooks
- New Map Shows Hundreds of Counties in the COVID-19 Endgame — and Thousands on the Uptick
- IBM Brings Back a Netezza, Attacks Yellowbrick
- Blurred Lines: SAS and Microsoft To Go Deep in Analytics Partnership
- U.S. Special Ops Launches $600M Analytics Effort
- NIH Launches Massive Initiative for COVID-19 Patient Data Analytics
- War Unfolding for Control of Elasticsearch
- AWS Upgrades SageMaker Labeling Tool
- PrestoDB Hits Fork in the Road as Startup Gains Venture Funding
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- HSBC Joins Data Privacy Firm Privitar’s Series C Financing Round with $7M Investment
- D2iQ Unveils KUDO for Kubeflow to Accelerate Enterprise-Grade Machine Learning on Kubernetes
- SAS Debuts Tools to Gauge Risks and Impacts of Reopening
- The Linux Foundation Cloud Engineer Bootcamp Announced
- Databricks Introduces Delta Engine, Acquires Redash
- Technology Aims to Provide Cloud Efficiency for Databases During Data-Intensive COVID-19 Pandemic
- Cloudera Debuts its Cloudera Data Platform Private Cloud
- New Actian Vector for Hadoop Enables Real-time and Operational Analytics
- MariaDB Announces the General Availability of MariaDB Community Server 10.5
- Alation Launches Data Governance Initiatives
- More This Just In…