Embedded Analytics Sector Consolidates
Embedded analytics specialist Logi Analytics Inc. is acquiring Jinfonet Software, developer of a Java-based architecture used to embed interactive dashboards and reports into web and other enterprise applications.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The acquisition announced Tuesday (Feb. 12) combines the two leading embedded analytics vendors. Jinfonet’s flagship JReport platform is a Java reporting system designed to deliver integrated business intelligence. JReport can be embedded into applications via a set of APIs. The reports and dashboards also provide interactive data visualization.
Jinfonet, Rockville, Md., said its Java reporting engine runs on in-memory “cubes” and distributed cluster servers.
“Applications are increasingly being driven by analytics,” said Logi Analytics CEO Steven Schneider. “By acquiring Jinfonet, we are creating the dominant provider exclusively focused on embedded analytics.”
The combination also would deliver new workflow capabilities along with the ability to write-back to a database. The buyer also touted Jinfonet’s “pixel-perfect” operational reporting while adding predictive analytics and security integration.
“Embedding analytics is all about contextualized data insights and how we can improve existing applications to enhance workforce efficiency from within the enterprise,” Dean Yao, Jinfonet’s director of marketing, told Datanami in 2017.
Logi Analytics, headquartered just across the Potomac River in Mclean, Va., has been among the leaders in embedding data visualization and other analytics tools into web and mobile applications.
According to a study commissioned by Logi Analytics last fall, embedded analytics accounts for more than half the value in enterprise applications. The company said the survey findings reveal that application developers are attempting to move up the value chain by offering new embedded features such as data visualizations, interactive dashboards and predictive analytics.
Embedded tools also are touted as accelerating the steady shift toward self-service analytics, helping users find their own new data sources, for example. That, in turn, frees developers to concentrate on core applications.
“We will continue investing in the embedded analytics space to bring innovations to application teams that are building mission-critical applications,” Schneider said in announcing the acquisition.
November 19, 2019
- Google Cloud Launches BigQuery Reservations
- Igneous DataProtect Now Supports Microsoft Azure Blob Storage and is Available in Azure Marketplace
- Striim Announces Incremental Data Capture from Google Cloud Spanner
- Science and Technology Facilities Council Selects Spectra Logic Tape Library to Process and Preserve Scientific Research Data
- HyperMobile Tech Aims to Significantly Boost Business Productivity for Users on the Go
- Report Finds New Data Architecture Key to Future of Pharma R&D
- Cirrascale Cloud Services Announces Availability of Graphcore IPU Servers and Cloud Instances for Machine Intelligence Workflows
- AntemetA Selects Cloudian Object Storage for Sovereign Cloud Offering
- Aerospike Raises $32M Equity Round
- Huwei Announces Data infrastructure Strategy and the Open Sourcing of its Data Virtualization Engine HetuEngine
November 18, 2019
- BigID Introduces Data Discovery for Data Pipelines
- TIBCO Partners with Microsoft for Missing Maps Initiative
- HPE Introduces Kubernetes-Based Platform for Bare-Metal and Edge to Cloud Deployments
- STFC Machine Learning Group Deploys Elastic NVMe Storage to Power GPU Servers
- Bright Computing Releases 9.0 Version of Bright Cluster Manager for HPC, Cloud, and Data Science at SC19
November 15, 2019
- ASU and Alteryx Partner to Enable Smart City Initiatives in Phoenix Metro Area
- Ascend Brings Declarative Pipelines to DataOps Workflows for Safe and Predictable Data Engineering at Scale
- Revulytics and Connor Partner to Provide Data-Driven Software License Compliance and Audit Programs
- GridGain and Azul Systems Collaborate to Enable Java for Low-Latency Use Cases at Massive Scale
- Databricks Announces API Integration With AWS Data Exchange
Most Read Features
- Deep Learning Has Hit a Wall, Intel’s Rao Says
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- Why Every Python Developer Will Love Ray
- Hadoop Has Failed Us, Tech Experts Say
- How to Build a Better Machine Learning Pipeline
- 10 Big Data Trends to Watch in 2019
- Kafka Transforming Into 'Event Streaming Database'
- Why Knowledge Graphs Are Foundational to Artificial Intelligence
- Beyond BI: Looker Seeks Bigger Role for Data
- Is Hadoop Officially Dead?
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- Apache Arrow Takes ‘Flight’ with Big Data Net
- HPE Acquires MapR
- Scala Gets Its Notebook with Netflix's Polynote
- Global DataSphere to Hit 175 Zettabytes by 2025, IDC Says
- IBM Adds AI to Planning Analytics
- Mobile Coding is a Thing
- Inside Fortnite's Massive Data Analytics Pipeline
- California's New Data Privacy Law Takes Effect in 2020
- OmniSci 'Hitting Its Stride,' CEO Says
- Microsoft Aims for Data Analytics Unification with 'Synapse'
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- DataCamp Unveils Mobile Coding Courses for Data Science Learning-On-the-Go
- Igneous DataProtect Now Supports Google Cloud Platform Storage
- ScyllaDB Announces Performance Record, Hits 1,000,000,000 RPS
- H2O.ai Highlights its Vision to Democratize AI with “Make Your Company an AI Company”
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Redefines Mission-Critical Storage with New Platform Designed for the Intelligence Era
- Neo4j Introduces Neo4J Aura, a Graph Database in the Cloud
- Snowflake, Next Pathway Partner to Accelerate Migration from Legacy Data Warehouses
- CockroachDB 19.2 Enables Enterprise to Build Global Applications with Strong Performance
- NIST Releases Final Version of ‘Big Data’ Framework
- Unravel Data Launches Performance Management and Cloud Migration Assessment Solution for Google Cloud Dataproc
- More This Just In…
January 26, 2020 - January 28, 2020Austin TX United States