Embedded Analytics Sector Consolidates
Embedded analytics specialist Logi Analytics Inc. is acquiring Jinfonet Software, developer of a Java-based architecture used to embed interactive dashboards and reports into web and other enterprise applications.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The acquisition announced Tuesday (Feb. 12) combines the two leading embedded analytics vendors. Jinfonet’s flagship JReport platform is a Java reporting system designed to deliver integrated business intelligence. JReport can be embedded into applications via a set of APIs. The reports and dashboards also provide interactive data visualization.
Jinfonet, Rockville, Md., said its Java reporting engine runs on in-memory “cubes” and distributed cluster servers.
“Applications are increasingly being driven by analytics,” said Logi Analytics CEO Steven Schneider. “By acquiring Jinfonet, we are creating the dominant provider exclusively focused on embedded analytics.”
The combination also would deliver new workflow capabilities along with the ability to write-back to a database. The buyer also touted Jinfonet’s “pixel-perfect” operational reporting while adding predictive analytics and security integration.
“Embedding analytics is all about contextualized data insights and how we can improve existing applications to enhance workforce efficiency from within the enterprise,” Dean Yao, Jinfonet’s director of marketing, told Datanami in 2017.
Logi Analytics, headquartered just across the Potomac River in Mclean, Va., has been among the leaders in embedding data visualization and other analytics tools into web and mobile applications.
According to a study commissioned by Logi Analytics last fall, embedded analytics accounts for more than half the value in enterprise applications. The company said the survey findings reveal that application developers are attempting to move up the value chain by offering new embedded features such as data visualizations, interactive dashboards and predictive analytics.
Embedded tools also are touted as accelerating the steady shift toward self-service analytics, helping users find their own new data sources, for example. That, in turn, frees developers to concentrate on core applications.
“We will continue investing in the embedded analytics space to bring innovations to application teams that are building mission-critical applications,” Schneider said in announcing the acquisition.
February 28, 2020
- DSI Team Wins Facebook Award to Enhance Machine Learning Models
- Alegion Launches Alegion Flex for Data Science Teams
- Accenture Acquires Boutique Australian Consultancy AlphaBeta Advisors
- SoftIron Co-Founder, Mark Chen, Returns to Company as Chief Security Officer
- SoftwareReviews Announces 2020 Big Data Quadrant Awards
February 27, 2020
- Talend Accelerates Path to Revealing the Intelligence in Data
- Study Reveals Hidden Drivers of AI Adoption
- IBM Services and C3.ai Announce Strategic Alliance for Digital Transformation With AI
- Yellowbrick Accelerates Its Market Momentum
February 26, 2020
- Infinidat Crosses 6 Exabyte Milestone for Total Storage Deployed
- Cartesiam AI Development Environment Brings Artificial Intelligence, Learning, and Inference to Everyday Objects
- Tableau 2020.1 Delivers Community-Driven Features, Including Dynamic Parameters, Visualization Animations, and Admin Tools
- SensiML Delivers AI-Based Sensor Algorithms for IoT Endpoints
- NC State Athletics Taps SAS Sports Analytics to Identify ‘5-Star Fans’ and Improve Fan Engagement
- LogRhythm Breaks Sales Records
- Qumulo Releases Next Generation of Hybrid Cloud File Storage
- RapidMiner Extends Its Platform to Full-Time Coders and BI Users with Version 9.6
February 25, 2020
- Privitar Announces Latest Release of its Privitar Data Privacy Platform
- Elastic Debuts Integrated Security Offering at RSA 2020
- 1touch.io Launches Advanced Data Discovery and Classification Platform
Most Read Features
- ML and BI Are Coming Together, Gartner Says
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- How the Coronavirus Response Is Aided by Analytics
- The Secret to Data and Analytics Success Is…People
- Room for Improvement in Data Quality, Report Says
- How to Build a Better Machine Learning Pipeline
- An Open Source Alternative to AWS SageMaker
- Make Your Own AI
- Demand for Data Engineers Up 50%, Report Says
- Big Data Predictions: What 2020 Will Bring
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- ‘Dear Larry’: NewSQL Vendor Trolls Oracle Chairman
- Python Dominates, Usage Survey Confirms
- Oracle Sees AI Advancing Finance, Supply Chains
- War Unfolding for Control of Elasticsearch
- Inside Fortnite’s Massive Data Analytics Pipeline
- Tick Data Comes to BigQuery
- Google Adds In-Memory BI Option to BigQuery
- HPE Acquires MapR
- Google Advances Data Set Search Tool
- Defenses Emerge to Combat Adversarial AI
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- Spark + AI Summit Reveals 2020 Keynote Speakers and Expanded Training
- Okera Enhances Automatic Discovery of Sensitive Data Using Machine Learning
- Snowflake Announces General Availability on Google Cloud
- Sisense Expands Presence in Australia to Support Growing Demand for Business Intelligence, Data Analytics
- Dell EMC Unveils Streaming Data Platform
- Okera Delivers Real-Time Actionable Insights into Data Lakes
- Luminoso Announces AI Application for Better Search Engine Results
- Lytics Announces Built-In Integration with Google Cloud BigQuery
- Datanami Unveils 2020 People to Watch
- Iguazio Deployed by Payoneer to Prevent Fraud with Real-time Machine Learning
- More This Just In…