Embedded Analytics Sector Consolidates
Embedded analytics specialist Logi Analytics Inc. is acquiring Jinfonet Software, developer of a Java-based architecture used to embed interactive dashboards and reports into web and other enterprise applications.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The acquisition announced Tuesday (Feb. 12) combines the two leading embedded analytics vendors. Jinfonet’s flagship JReport platform is a Java reporting system designed to deliver integrated business intelligence. JReport can be embedded into applications via a set of APIs. The reports and dashboards also provide interactive data visualization.
Jinfonet, Rockville, Md., said its Java reporting engine runs on in-memory “cubes” and distributed cluster servers.
“Applications are increasingly being driven by analytics,” said Logi Analytics CEO Steven Schneider. “By acquiring Jinfonet, we are creating the dominant provider exclusively focused on embedded analytics.”
The combination also would deliver new workflow capabilities along with the ability to write-back to a database. The buyer also touted Jinfonet’s “pixel-perfect” operational reporting while adding predictive analytics and security integration.
“Embedding analytics is all about contextualized data insights and how we can improve existing applications to enhance workforce efficiency from within the enterprise,” Dean Yao, Jinfonet’s director of marketing, told Datanami in 2017.
Logi Analytics, headquartered just across the Potomac River in Mclean, Va., has been among the leaders in embedding data visualization and other analytics tools into web and mobile applications.
According to a study commissioned by Logi Analytics last fall, embedded analytics accounts for more than half the value in enterprise applications. The company said the survey findings reveal that application developers are attempting to move up the value chain by offering new embedded features such as data visualizations, interactive dashboards and predictive analytics.
Embedded tools also are touted as accelerating the steady shift toward self-service analytics, helping users find their own new data sources, for example. That, in turn, frees developers to concentrate on core applications.
“We will continue investing in the embedded analytics space to bring innovations to application teams that are building mission-critical applications,” Schneider said in announcing the acquisition.
October 23, 2020
- GoodData Adds Enhanced Self-Service Tools to Drive Business Intelligence Adoption
- IBM and R3 Collaborate to Expand Blockchain Capabilities and Services Across Hybrid Cloud
- Amperity and Zendesk to Help Brands Offer Customer Personalization
- Quantum Tape Systems Safeguard Scientific Data for British Antarctic Survey
October 22, 2020
- Minitab Launches Launches New Solutions to Help Organizations Accelerate Digital Transformation
- AccuWeather Sponsors Climate Change Machine Learning Research Competition at University of Toronto
- Precisely Delivers First End-to-End Data Integrity Suite for Confident Business Decisions
- Centerity Recognized for Market-Leading AIOps Platform with Integrated Cyber Security
- Protegrity Unveils Vision for the Secure AI Era
- Qlik Acquires Blendr.io to Drive Real-time Data into SaaS Applications and Automate Enterprise Processes
October 21, 2020
- The AA Executes Hybrid Cloud Strategy for Data Analytics with Actian’s Avalanche Cloud Data Warehouse
- Exasol and Nuqleous Join Up to Bring Data Analytics to Retail and Consumer Product Companies
- InterSystems Partners with AtScale on New Adaptive Analytics Within IRIS Data Platform
- YottaDB Announces Octo 1.0, a Plugin for Using SQL to Query Data
- Anyscale Announces $40M in Series B Funding Led by NEA
- KIOXIA America to Showcase Next-Gen SSDs at Dell Technologies World
- Medallia Partners with Tableau to Help Companies Visualize Customer Experience Data
- Enterprise Strategy Group Finds Massive Cost and ROI Benefits from Yellowbrick Data Warehouse
- Machine Learning Capabilities Come to the Majority of Open Source Databases with MindsDB AI-Tables
October 20, 2020
Most Read Features
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- Systemic Data Errors Still Plague Presidential Polling
- Do You Need a Chief Data Scientist?
- Data Culture ‘Disconnect’ Identified in New Index
- How to Build a Better Machine Learning Pipeline
- VC Ben Horowitz Dishes on Hadoop, AI, and Data Culture
- Is Python Strangling R to Death?
- How Geospatial Data Drives Insight for Bloomberg Users
- 10 Big Data Statistics That Will Blow Your Mind
- What’s the Difference Between AI, ML, Deep Learning, and Active Learning?
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- Qubole is Latest Acquisition Target
- Testing Data Literacy on Main Street
- Informatica Likes Its Chances in the Cloud
- Pandemic Driving ‘Back to Basics’ in Big Data, Study Suggests
- TigerGraph Offers Free Graph Database for On-Prem Analysis
- Palantir Looks to Build on Snowflake’s IPO Success
- War Unfolding for Control of Elasticsearch
- New AI Tool Maps the Families of the Bible, A Song of Ice and Fire
- AI Startup Uses FPGAs to Speed Training, Inference
- Patchwork of Data Privacy Laws Sows Confusion
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- Datanami Reveals Winners of Fifth Annual Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards
- Tableau Launches Free Data Literacy Training Program
- NASA, ICIJ, ATPCO, Lyft and More Choose Neo4j for their Knowledge Graphs
- Hazelcast to Provide Additional Capabilities to IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management
- Fujitsu Enters Strategic Alliance with Palantir Technologies
- Collibra Launches New Partner Program
- Alida Integrates Stratifyd AI-powered Analytics Engine into New CXM Platform
- TIBCO Simplifies Data Unification With TIBCO Any Data Hub
- KNIME and H2O.ai Accelerate and Simplify End-to-end Data Science Automation
- Data Science Professor Receives $1.25 Million Grant from Department of Defense
- More This Just In…