Webcast to Feature Live Demo of HP Vertica Analytics Platform on MapR
SAN JOSE, Calif., May 9 — MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the top-ranked distribution for Apache Hadoop, announced a live webcast co-hosted with HP Vertica that will demonstrate the HP Vertica Analytics Platform on MapR on Tuesday, June 3. Subject matter experts from both companies will show how customers can leverage SQL-on-Hadoop. The session will include use cases, a live demo, and a discussion covering the challenges and solutions for SQL-on-Hadoop monitoring and managing.
The HP Vertica Analytics Platform on MapR, which is generally available, is a high-performance, interactive SQL-on-Hadoop solution that tightly integrates the HP Vertica data analytics platform with the enterprise-grade MapR Distribution for Apache Hadoop. All data can be explored in the Hadoop environment, and a unified management console enables monitoring and management of all services running on the same cluster. This enables faster insight from big data for customers by leveraging their existing SQL skills and business intelligence (BI) tools in a highly optimized and efficient environment.
“Unlocking hidden insights in big data by combining the enterprise-grade MapR Distribution for Hadoop with HP Vertica gives business users the fastest time to value by leveraging their existing SQL skills and built-in analytic functions,” said Jon Posnik, vice president of business development at MapR Technologies. “This partnership is a shining example of the new analytics stack, where the power of massively scalable and blazing-fast analytic platforms are tightly integrated and made available with the full breadth and scale of Hadoop.”
HP Vertica Analytics Platform on MapR provides 100% ANSI SQL compliance, with advanced interactive analytic capabilities, and deep BI and ETL tool support to improve analyst productivity through expanded exploration of semi-structured data as well as traditional structured data.
“HP recognizes the new go-to-market potential with the MapR enterprise-grade, production Hadoop platform,” said Chris Selland, vice president of marketing and business development at HP Vertica. “By integrating the HP Vertica Analytics Platform on MapR, our companies can provide powerful analytics and SQL tightly integrated with the full power and breadth of data in Hadoop, giving joint customers new and deeper insights more quickly to their business.”
The HP Vertica Analytics Platform on MapR optimizes SQL-on-Hadoop featuring:
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Use same hardware for running both MapR and HP Vertica with no pre-allocation of nodes
- Get better data protection with significantly less hardware than other distributions of Hadoop
- Monitor and manage Hadoop and Vertica services via the MapR Control System
Fastest, Most Open SQL-on-Hadoop
- Achieve faster performance across a broader range of data types than other SQL-on-Hadoop solutions
- Use complete and open ANSI SQL, POSIX, and NFS standards
Most Complete Analytics
- Run and visualize exploratory analytics on semi-structured data and operationalize insights in a single step on a unified platform
- Analyze data in-place with richest set of built-in analytic functions directly on Hadoop
- Take advantage of a tightly integrated solution with no connectors required
- Take advantage of the only distribution to offer self-healing high availability for Hadoop
- Use unique, native, consistent point-in-time snapshots and mirrors from MapR for data recovery and reliability
Availability and Webinar
Customers interested in learning more about the HP Analytics Platform on MapR can contact sales@MapR.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join MapR and HP Vertica on Tuesday, June 3rd, at 9am PT/ 12pm ET, to learn the benefits of a SQL-on-Hadoop analytics solution that provides the highest-performing, tightly-integrated platform for operational and exploratory analytics.