ThoughtSpot Hires CFO and Significantly Grows Executive Team
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 22, 2020 —Coming off a year of record growth, search and AI-driven analytics leader ThoughtSpot is announcing a round of key executive appointments, including the company’s first CFO. The new hires follow a year in which ThoughtSpot raised $248M at a nearly $2B valuation, achieved a $100M run-rate, announced a new product version and expanded global operations.
The seven new hires have diverse backgrounds and represent a range of business leadership initiatives, including product, customer, and business development programs. The appointments include:
- Mohit Daswani, Chief Financial Officer: Daswani joins ThoughtSpot from his role as Head of Finance & Strategy at Square, where he oversaw financial and strategic planning across the company during a period in which Square grew revenues three-fold. Prior to Square, Daswani was CFO of the Payments, Risk and Technology businesses at PayPal. At ThoughtSpot, he will lead all financial operations as the company continues to rapidly scale.
- Seann Gardiner, SVP of Business Development and GM of Embrace: Gardiner will accelerate ThoughtSpot’s technology alliances and grow relationships with key technology partners for Embrace, which enables enterprises to run search and AI-driven analytical workloads directly in-databases like Snowflake and other leading databases. He was previously EVP of Business Development & Industry GTM at DataRobot, before which he was SVP of Business Development at Alteryx.
- Bob Baxley, SVP of Design & Experience: Baxley has held executive design leadership roles at Apple, Pinterest and Yahoo!, where he and his teams designed products and experiences impacting hundreds of millions of users around the world. At ThoughtSpot, he will help build and lead design processes and practices that deliver innovative product experiences for customers that blend consumer quality UX with deep technical capabilities.
- Seong Park, SVP of Customer Success & Services: Park will lead ThoughtSpot’s global Customer Success, Professional Services and Business Value Consulting teams. He was most recently at MongoDB, where he built out key technical presales, product strategy, marketing and business value consulting teams and played an instrumental role in growing revenue from $30 million to $300+ million.
- Sumeet Arora, SVP of Engineering: Arora will lead ThoughtSpot’s global engineering team in continuously improving and scaling the AI-powered data analytics platform. Prior to joining ThoughtSpot, Sumeet served as SVP and GM of Service Provider Networking at Cisco. In this role, he led the engineering & product management team for the Service Provider routing portfolio and played a key role in turning around and driving profitable market share growth of this multi-billion dollar business.
- Dianne Decena, VP of Partners & Alliances, Americas: Decena will lead ThoughtSpot’s partner and alliance efforts across the Americas, including growing the channel, developing strategic alliances, and working with global systems integrators. Previously, she led partner teams at Zylo, a SaaS application optimization platform, and Medallia, a leader in customer experience software.
- Victor Chang, VP of Corporate Development: Chang joins ThoughtSpot from Tableau Software, where he launched and led the Corporate Development team. He will lead efforts to expand ThoughtSpot’s innovation footprint through M&A and strategic partnerships.
“As we enter a new year and disruption in the analytics market accelerates, it’s critical we have the right leadership in place to both drive ThoughtSpot’s next phase of growth and maintain our culture as we scale,” said Sudheesh Nair, CEO, ThoughtSpot. “Every single individual in this group had their pick of companies to join, or could have been founders in their own right, but they chose ThoughtSpot. While the market opportunity played a role in their decision, it was our culture and purpose that ultimately brought them into the fold. We’re lucky to have leaders on board who are ready to own the process of building a lasting company the right way.”
“The analytics industry is craving a fundamentally new arc of innovation, one that takes them beyond static dashboards and visualizations and delivers the right insight to the right people at the right time,” said Ajeet Singh, co-founder & Executive Chairman, ThoughtSpot. “Capitalizing on this opportunity will require exceptional talent from across the technology landscape, which is why I’m so excited to bring on our new leaders. Their experience in design, engineering, product, and go-to-market will help us deliver more value to our customers as we continue to grow. With Mohit as our CFO and the trifecta of Bob, Sumeet, and Raja leading our design, engineering, and product management functions, ThoughtSpot is in a strong position to scale to the next level.”
The world’s most innovative enterprises use ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to front-line employee, with the ability to quickly uncover data-driven insights. With ThoughtSpot, business people can type a simple Google-like search to instantly analyze billions of rows of data, and leverage artificial intelligence to get trusted, relevant insights pushed to them as answers to thousands of questions they might not have thought to ask. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet powerful enough to handle even the largest, most complex enterprise data without sacrificing speed, security, or governance. That’s why customers like Walmart, 7-11, BT, Celebrity Cruises, Daimler, De Beers, Hulu, Miami Children’s Health System, Nationwide Building Society, and Scotiabank have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their decision-making cultures. By making insights a part of every conversation and every decision, ThoughtSpot is reimagining the role of data in creating a more fact-driven world. For more information, please visit www.thoughtspot.com.