Syncsort Releases Ironstream
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J., Sept. 23 — Syncsort, a global leader in Big Data software, today announced the availability of a new release of Ironstream, the unique-in-the-market product that provides mainframe machine data in real-time to Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud customers. The new release leverages data collected by Syncsort’s recently acquired Zen z/OS suite to provide IBMz network and security data and alerts to Splunk solutions for advanced visual analytics.
“Mainframe monitoring tools present major challenges and difficulties for security engineers and administrators who need to navigate back and forth between systems to troubleshoot problems,” said Snehal Antani, chief technology officer, Splunk. “Ironstream helps make it easier to collect, transform, and securely forward mainframe security data into Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise Security, where users can easily search, analyze and visualize the data to gain valuable end-to-end insights across Mainframe and other platforms in a single UI and advanced analytics engine.”
“Many legacy mainframe monitors have evolved into very complex and resource intensive solutions in an attempt to cover every aspect of the systems they monitor as they collect more and more data. Yet, they have technology gaps that don’t adequately address security threats. They may also not collect Syslog messages that provide insights into application performance and typically require subject matter experts (SME) with in-depth technical knowledge of z/OS to interpret the data,” continued Harvey Tessler, founder and general manager, mainframe at Syncsort. “With Ironstream and Splunk solutions, users can get a 360-degree view of enterprise-wide historical and real-time network management and security data without requiring this deep technical knowledge, straining systems resources, or adding costs.”
Syncsort Ironstream works with Splunk solutions to provide:
- Less complexity, making it easy to collect mainframe data and correlate it with data from other platforms for a 360-degree analysis, without the need for mainframe access or mainframe expertise.
- Clearer Security Information, making it much easier to identify unauthorized mainframe access or other security risks.
- Healthier IT Operations through real-time alerts to identify problems in all key environments like CICS, DB2, IMS, MQ and by monitoring transaction system performance, with views of latency, transactions per sec, exceptions and other valuable data.
- More Effective Problem-Resolution Management with real-time views of mainframe SMF data to identify real or potential failures earlier, along with the relevant ‘surrounding’ information to support triage repair or prevention.
- Higher Operational Efficiency by augmenting legacy silo monitors with new technologies that better correlate events across systems, enabling staff to resolve problems faster, to “do more with less.”
Stop by the Syncsort booth at .conf2015 to check out the new release of Ironstream first hand. During the conference, follow us on Twitter and share your experience with the hashtag #Splunkconf.
Syncsort provides enterprise software that allows organizations to collect, integrate, sort and distribute more data in less time, with fewer resources and lower costs. Syncsort software provides specialized solutions spanning “Big Iron to Big Data,” including next gen analytical platforms such as Hadoop, cloud, and Splunk. For more than 40 years, customers have turned to Syncsort’s software and expertise to dramatically improve performance of their data processing environments, while reducing hardware and labor costs. Experience Syncsort at http://www.syncsort.com.
About Splunk Inc.
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) is the market-leading platform that powers Operational Intelligence. We pioneer innovative, disruptive solutions that make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. More than 10,000 customers in over 100 countries use Splunk software and cloud services to make business, government and education more efficient, secure and profitable. Join hundreds of thousands of passionate users by trying Splunk solutions for free: http://www.splunk.com/free-trials.