Salesforce Delivers New Analytics, AI, and Automation Solutions for Communications Providers
Feb. 23, 2023 — New Salesforce innovations built for the communications industry feature analytics, AI, and prebuilt solutions that automate common processes, driving improved customer experiences and reducing operational costs. And, a new integration with WhatsApp will streamline and enrich customer engagement.
More than 50% of consumers already prefer to conduct business “only or mostly online,” and 72% have reported that they will remain loyal to companies that provide faster service, even as they reevaluate their spending. In addition, 91% of service provider employees report digital transformation would reduce bottlenecks and redundant processes that slow service, while saving their companies’ money.
Salesforce’s new Contact Center for Communications extends the Salesforce Contact Center suite of capabilities with tailored solutions for service providers:
- Einstein Conversation Insights uses AI to give service teams a complete view of what’s happening across their contact center and proactively notifies them of issues like outages or dissatisfied customers, so they can quickly rectify them.
- Identity Verification lets agents quickly verify a customer’s identity when they reach out for support using automated workflows that can be easily configured to help service providers meet business requirements and comply with legal requirements in different regions.
- Service Availability Check allows agents to see what services are available to customers interested in adding or changing a service with a quick and simple address search.
- Action Launcher gives administrators the ability to quickly create common workflows, like prepaid top-ups or address changes, which can be easily triggered by agents to serve customers faster.
Also newly available, Order Fulfillment Date Predictions, a data-rich predictive model, uses AI-based predictions to recommend expected fulfillment dates that help set customer expectations before they place an order. Order Delay Predictions will then leverage CRM Analytics to identify orders likely to be delayed due to issues like an incorrect address so managers can act quickly to correct it and propose a new fulfillment date using AI-powered insights.
WhatsApp + Salesforce
Salesforce is building on its strategic partnership with WhatsApp with new integrations that help companies improve customer engagement and reduce churn.
- WhatsApp for Service, a new integration that will be available in Salesforce’s Contact Center for Communications, enables providers to deliver consistent, personalized experiences in real time, automate routine requests with AI-powered chatbots, and engage in richer conversations using audio and video files, list messages, buttons, stickers, and emojis within the popular messaging app.
- WhatsApp for Marketing integration allows marketers to connect with customers directly through WhatsApp to send rich promotional messages based on a customer’s unique interests and needs. New enhancements to the integration, including WhatsApp for Marketing Rich Media, will make it easier for customers to get in touch with service representatives in the same conversational thread, and add support for rich media capabilities.
“Service providers are under more pressure than ever to reduce operational costs — even as consumer expectations soar,” said David Fan, vice president and general manager of communications at Salesforce. “Salesforce’s new solutions are tailored to help providers remove inefficiencies, deliver faster service, increase productivity with AI and automation, and deepen customer engagements to provide differentiated experiences with every interaction.”
To learn more about Contact Center for Communications, click here, or to learn more about Salesforce Contact Center, click here.