Ryft Open API Library Extends Lightning-Fast Batch and Streaming Analysis to Existing Big Data Environments
ROCKVILLE, MD., May 21 — Ryft announced today the availability of the Ryft Open API Library, expanding the company’s Ryft ONE high-performance data analysis capabilities into existing big data environments. Developers can now invoke or extend the Ryft Open API to add hardware-driven acceleration to applications that demand real-time intelligence from all types of batch and streaming data. Now, Ryft combines the flexibility of an open, future-proof 1U platform with the speed, simplicity, scalability and security of a purpose-built analytics accelerator for 100X faster enterprise decision-making and dramatically better data center economics.
As business and IT buyers have grown tired of costly and brittle closed systems, there has been a rapid shift to open solutions. However, moving to solely open source-based tools running on x86 clusters has introduced a new set of challenges including performance degradation, greatly increased complexity and a widening skills gap. This forced data scientists, business analysts and others to make serious trade-offs in performance and objectives:
- Batch data could not be analyzed at the same time as streaming data.
- Time-consuming indexing and ETL processes added delays to the already slow status quo.
- Users had to wait weeks or months to access costly and cumbersome closed frameworks with the horsepower needed to analyze data.
- Strict security controls required for data protection added unacceptable latency to data analysis and decision-making.
“The era of painful tradeoffs in big data is over. Ryft has introduced a no-compromises solution that doesn’t force buyers to choose between speed, simplicity, security, and other critical objectives,” said Des Wilson, CEO of Ryft. “In fact, the purpose-built Ryft ONE, using the Open API Library, has the performance benefits of a Linux server on steroids but doesn’t force users to abandon their existing investments in current Hadoop, Spark and other analytics infrastructures. It fits quickly and easily into every IT environment via the new open API.”
The Ryft Open API Library is a simple to invoke or extend front-end that developers can use to integrate Ryft ONE hardware-driven acceleration into existing environments and algorithms for unprecedented speed. It provides organizations everything they need to accelerate and gain more value from their business data with:
- A growing set of primitives such as exact search, fuzzy search and term frequency.
- Support for high-level programming languages, including C/C++, Java, Python, R, Scala and more.