Redis Labs Announces RedisInsight Tool for Developers and Administrators
LONDON, Nov. 12, 2019 — Redis Labs, the home of Redis and provider of Redis Enterprise, today announced a new graphical user interface (GUI) tool for developers and administrators, RedisInsight, and automated cluster recovery capabilities for the company’s Kubernetes Operator toolkit, to make it even easier for organizations to deploy and operate Redis at scale.
“Both RedisInsight and automated cluster recovery for Kubernetes will enable our customers to increase how and where they use Redis by simplifying how they develop and manage it as an operational database for virtually any use case,” said Alvin Richards, Chief Product Officer at Redis Labs. “RedisInsight provides visibility and enhanced capabilities for tracking, analyzing, and operating Redis, to ensure optimal utilization of the database by any application. Additionally, as modern microservices architectures adopt technologies such as Kubernetes, automated cluster recovery provides precise, repeatable steps to ensure data resiliency and minimum downtime for our customers’ applications, even in severe conditions like cluster quorum loss.”
Visualize any Redis environment
Built on RDBTools, the popular GUI tool Redis Labs acquired earlier this year, RedisInsight is a free multi-platform interface to manipulate, visualize, and analyze data within Redis. RedisInsight enables developers to easily interact with their deployment—whether its open-source Redis, Redis Enterprise, or third-party Redis managed services such as AWS ElastiCache.
RedisInsight offers a central source of information with an intuitive interface to educate and give insights to Redis users, enabling them to:
- Have a single pane of glass that provides an overview of everything happening inside the database, whether it’s in development or production.
- Explore and interact with Redis data, including complex Redis data structures and modules such as Redis Streams, RediSearch, RedisJSON, RedisTimeSeries, and RedisGraph. These data structures can be viewed visually and traditional operations can be performed using an updated command-line interface (CLI) and graphical command builders, making it easier to write commands for all data structures and modules.
- Use more optimal data structures for their application based on recommendations by Redis Labs created specifically for the user’s environment.
- Reduce memory usage with either online or offline analysis to avoid impacting the performance of the Redis instance being optimized.
- Perform bulk management operations such as renaming, expiring, and deleting for a large number of keys at one time.
Enhance resilience and operational piece of mind
Redis Enterprise’s Kubernetes Operator has been upgraded with automated cluster recovery, which enables customers to manage Redis Enterprise, a stateful service, as if it were stateless.
Cluster recovery is critical not only in the case of quorum loss—when more than half of a Redis Enterprise cluster nodes are lost—but also in the general operation of Redis Enterprise to support the recreation of an existing cluster in a new region or data center. Furthermore, you can apply the principles of chaos engineering to your Redis Enterprise Kubernetes Cluster without worrying about data loss and long periods of downtime.
The new automated cluster recovery delivers a fully automated, predictable, and consistent process to create a new Redis Enterprise cluster in minutes, reducing the time (up to several days) and the possibility of human error entailed in a manual recovery.
The Redis Enterprise automated cluster recovery capabilities are available today and can be deployed on virtually any Kubernetes distribution, including Google Kubernetes Engine, OpenShift, Pivotal Container Service, and open-source Kubernetes.
About Redis Labs
Modern businesses depend on the power of real-time data. With Redis Labs, organizations deliver instant experiences in a highly reliable and scalable manner. Redis Labs is the home of Redis, the world’s most popular in-memory database, and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise that delivers superior performance, matchless reliability and unparalleled flexibility for high-speed transactions, recommendation engines, data ingest, fraud mitigation, real-time indexing, session management, and caching.
Source: Redis Labs