PSSC Labs Announces Hadoop Big Data Servers with Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
LAKE FOREST, Calif., Jan. 31, 2018 — PSSC Labs, a developer of custom HPC and Big Data computing solutions, today announced a new version of its CloudOOP 12000 cluster server integrated with Intel’s newest Xeon Scalable Processors to deliver breakthrough performance for handling big data tasks such as real-time analytics, virtualized infrastructure and high-performance computing.
In additional to advanced architecture, the Intel new processors feature a rich suite of platform and security innovations for enhanced application performance including Intel AVX-512, Intel Mesh Architecture, Intel QuickAssist, Intel Optane SSDs and Intel Omni-Path Fabric.
The CloudOOP 12000 is the only server specifically designed for Hadoop, Kafka, Big Data and Internet of Things (IoT). It offers 2x the density and up to 35% lower power draw than traditional manufacturers, as well as a near 50% increase in data throughput performance. Reducing power draw means a lower datacenter footprint and a significantly reduced total cost of ownership with an over 90% efficiency rating.
Organizations can custom build CloudOOP 12000 servers from the company’s new EZ System Configurator https://www.pssclabs.com/
CloudOOP 12000 big data servers feature:
- Support for Intel Xeon Scalable Processors. Intel Xeon Scalable Processors deliver an overall performance increase up to 1.65x from the previous generation, and up to 5x OLTP warehouse workloads versus the current install base.
- OS installed on separate SSD hard drive(s) to increase system speed, reliability and usability support for Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu and most other Linux distributions, as well as Microsoft Windows
- Supports up to 512GB DDR memory modules featuring Error Correcting (ECC) support that automatically detects and corrects memory errors
- Redundant 90%+ Energy Efficient Power Supplies
- Redundant RAID 1 Mirror Operating System Hard Drives
- Up to 144TB storage with support for SSD, SAS and SATAIII
- Configurable to RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 or JBOD
- Dual GigE network bandwidth comes standard, with 10GigE, 40GigE, 100GigE and Infiniband network connectivity possible. Also, optional network integration with Intel OmniPath Architecture.
“Our CloudOOP 12000 series not only reduces both CapEx and OpEX expenses but offers superior data I/O performance for real-time processing,” said Alex Lesser, Executive Vice President of PSSC Labs. “It’s the perfect pre-configured server for a variety of applications across government, academic and commercial environments including Design & Engineering, Life Sciences, Physical Science, Financial Services and Machine/Deep Learning.”
Every PSSC Labs server and cluster comes with three-year unlimited phone / email support package (additional support available) with all support provided by a US-based team of experienced engineers. Pricing for a CloudOOP 12000 with Intel Xeon Scalable processors start at only $2,500.
PSSC Labs services with every custom-build include:
- Operating system installation
- Storage partitioning and configuration (JBOD or RAID)
- Net Connect integration service for easy network boot
- BIOS customization
- Power and cooling consultation prior to delivery
- Mac address recording and reporting
- Node name labeling
- Rack ‘n Roll Services Available for Turn-Key Installation
About PSSC Labs
For technology powered visionaries with a passion for challenging the status quo, PSSC Labs is the answer for hand-crafted HPC and Big Data computing solutions that deliver relentless performance with the absolute lowest total cost of ownership. All products are designed and built at the company’s headquarters in Lake Forest, California.
Source: PSSC Labs