Netlist Ships Next Generation of NVMe Solid State Drives
IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 30, 2020 – Netlist, Inc. (OTCQB: NLST) today announced the production shipment of its next generation of high performance N1952 and low power N1552 product line of NVMe Solid State Drives (SSDs). Both products’ series use cost-effective 96-layer 3D NAND technology and enhanced firmware that provides superior performance, data integrity and security using standards-based T10 Protection Information (PI) and encryption key management features.
Mario Martinez, Netlist Senior Director Product Marketing, said, “Netlist’s next generation of NVMe SSDs are optimized to deliver exceptional performance, providing end users with superior experiences. Our end-to-end T10 PI feature, variable sector size support, and TCG Opal enablement are ideal for healthcare database management, financial high-frequency trading, military, and government data communication applications requiring maximum data integrity and security.”
Netlist provides supply chain flexibility for its NVMe SSD customers by:
- Reduction in drive lead time delivery (< 4 weeks)
- Strategic procurement capabilities for high-capacity drives (8TB and 16TB)
- Extended product life cycles for half-height, half-length (HHHL) drive support
- Flexible inventory management to handle unpredictable demands
Netlist’s high performance N1952 and low power N1552 SSDs deliver:
- High transfer speeds up to 6 GB/s and up to 1M Read IOPs (N1952)
- Low active power: < 8W (N1552)
- NVM Express compliant form factors: U.2 (2.5”) & AIC HHHL
- TCG Opal encryption key management to help reduce data breach costs
- AES-256 encryption: Self-Encrypting Drive (SED)
- T10 PI for end-to-end data protection (DIF/DIX)
- Variable sector sizes (512B, 4KB, 512+8B, 4KB+8B, 4KB+64B) used for erasure coding to ensure the highest data integrity for mission critical applications
- Up to 32 namespaces for virtualization and application acceleration, reducing TCO
- Thermal management temperature settings & sensors
- Dual port PCIe capability
For a complete list of Netlist’s NVMe SSD products (AIC HHHL, U.2, and M.2), visit www.netlist.com/products/nvme-ssd or contact your local Netlist sales representative, at www.netlist.com/sales-support for additional information.
For pricing, availability, and general NVMe SSD inquiries, please email [email protected].
Netlist provides high-performance SSDs and modular memory subsystems to enterprise customers in diverse industries. The Company’s NVMe™ SSD portfolio provides industry-leading performance offered in multiple capacities and form factors. HybriDIMM™, Netlist’s next-generation storage class memory product, addresses the growing need for real-time analytics in Big Data applications, in-memory databases, high-performance computing and advanced data storage solutions. Netlist also manufactures a line of specialty and legacy memory products to storage customers, appliance customers, system builders and cloud and datacenter customers. Netlist holds a portfolio of patents in the areas of server memory, hybrid memory, storage class memory, rank multiplication and load reduction. To learn more, visit www.netlist.com.