Maana Unveils Winter ’17 Knowledge Platform
PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 26 — Maana, today announced the newest capabilities of the Maana Knowledge Platform. These advancements help Fortune 500 companies increase profitability by accelerating knowledge discovery for asset and process optimization.
Maana’s Knowledge Platform goes beyond today’s data analytics solutions, leading the creation of the enterprise knowledge category. This knowledge-centric technology enables experts in the organization to easily gather information from a range of sources—including isolated data hidden in systems and various operational processes, and understand their complex relationships. This uniquely provides enterprises a holistic view of assets and processes for faster optimization of operations.
“With Maana’s Knowledge Platform, we are continuously creating and enhancing a layer of enterprise knowledge on top of our information technology and operations technology data silos,” said Ibrahim Gokcen Head of Data Science & Analytics at Maersk. “Through this knowledge, Maana’s platform will accelerate our time to value significantly by giving us the ability to develop hundreds of models, driving asset, operations & business optimization.”
Core Knowledge Platform:
Maana’s platform is built with a knowledge-centric approach that incorporates its patented knowledge graph, AI algorithms, semantic search and several state of the art technologies. At the core of the platform is the Maana Knowledge Graph. The graph captures the complex relationships of how business processes, assets and organizations operate and interconnect. This unique approach dramatically increases profitability by accelerating time to value for asset and process optimization. Maana’s user-guided, machine-assisted approach uses advanced algorithms and deep learning to expedite the development and enrichment of knowledge, in the form of models, that represent various aspects of the business. Maana accelerates organizational decision-making and allows for the first time, on one platform, collaboration between domain experts, data scientists and business analysts.
Maana’s platform discovers insights that are operationalized as actionable recommendations into line-of-business applications. This empowers employees to make more relevant, data-driven decisions. Once implemented into everyday applications, Maana learns and adapts from actions and feedback of subject-matter experts bringing intelligence to every task, every day.
“With Maana we are able to solve some of Shell’s toughest asset optimization challenges three times faster than we have in the past,” said Johan Krebbers, IT CTO at Shell. “By combining our data, processes and domain expertise on one coherent platform, Maana’s knowledge graph and algorithms allow us to extract the information we need to optimize our assets.”
“With this release of Maana, in addition to deep platform investments, we are introducing our first collection of Knowledge Assistants and Knowledge Applications that really bring out the value of our user-guided and machine-assisted approach,” said Donald Thompson, founder and president at Maana. “People at all levels are empowered to rapidly gain the understanding they need in order to make the best decisions, while generating new knowledge assets (models) that others can use or build upon.”
Maana 2017 New Platform Capabilities: Knowledge Assistants and Knowledge Applications
1) Knowledge Applications – Business users and domain experts can utilize Maana’s Knowledge Applications to solve real-world business challenges when optimizing business processes like their supply chain, call center, accounts receivables or perform predictive maintenance among others.
2) Knowledge Assistants – Data scientists and technical experts can easily and quickly create new iterative models using Maana’s Knowledge Assistants like Semantic Similarity, DocAssist and Time Series Analysis to name a few:
- Semantic Similarity empowers users to identify instances, cases, events or records similar to the one they would like to investigate. Its guiding algorithms search across a number of dimensions (performance, economic, competitive, etc.) to identify similarities in the context of what the user is trying to solve.
- DocAssist enables extraction of targeted knowledge in the relevant context from unstructured documents, like PDF or word files, emails or images.
- Time Series Analysis supports the analysis of high-frequency (time) series data. Time Series Analysis provides:
- Interactive Visualization and Search over terabytes of multivariate data
- Predictive Algorithms and approaches, including non-sequential and deep learning techniques
- Contextual Analysis which enables a 360-degree view of an asset
Stop by Maana’s booth #452 at Strata + Hadoop World, NYC, September 26-29th, for a live demo of Maana Winter ’17. See Maana’s full platform capabilities here and watch a brief video of Maana Winter ’17.
Maana pioneered “knowledge technology” for the enterprise. Maana’s patented Knowledge Graph combined with Maana’s proprietary algorithms, expedite extracting knowledge from data silos, to reveal the relationships in the context of optimizing assets or processes. Customers include Fortune 500 companies such as Chevron, GE, Maersk and Shell. Maana’s investors are comprised of Chevron Technology Ventures, ConocoPhillips Technology Ventures, Frost Data Capital, GE Ventures, Intel Capital, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, and Shell Technology Ventures. Maana is privately held with offices in Palo Alto, California and Bellevue, Washington. Visit us at http://www.maana.io/