HP Unveils ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA
PALO ALTO, Calif., March 19 — HP today unveiled HP ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA, a portfolio of integrated systems that are purpose-built to deliver clients a fast path to value when using the SAP HANA platform.
Organizations are adopting the in-memory computing (IMC) technologies of SAP HANA to build next-generation data management platforms that unlock operational efficiencies and turn large amounts of data into real-time, actionable business insights.
The HP ConvergedSystem portfolio for SAP HANA delivers clients the architecture to quickly deploy these next-generation data management platforms with systems that can easily scale to meet evolving business needs — from managing analytics and data warehousing workloads to running mission-critical business applications. Unifying the servers, storage, networking, software and services clients need to run their SAP HANA environment, these all-in-one systems are quick and easy to install, accelerating time to value. In addition, the systems are optimized with the goal to deliver the highest possible levels of performance and availability for in-memory computing initiatives at analytics processing speeds up to twice as fast as other solutions.
Building on experience gained by HP in more than 800 system implementations for SAP HANA, the new HP ConvergedSystem portfolio for SAP HANA includes:
- HP ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA — helps speeds time to value for analytics and data warehousing workloads with a system that is operational in as few as 15 days of ordering.
- HP Serviceguard for SAP HANA — ensures service levels with the industry’s only automated failover and disaster-tolerant solution for SAP HANA that helps protect clients against unplanned downtime.
- “Project Kraken” — the industry’s only incubated system that will enable clients to simplify their SAP HANA infrastructure and speed business operations with up to 12 terabytes of data in a single memory pool to power mission-critical business apps.
“Organizations are making long-term, strategic architectural bets for their data centers and data management platforms,” said Tom Joyce, senior vice president and general manager, Converged Systems, HP. “SAP HANA provides a catalyst for business transformation and HP has the architecture, expertise and vision to meet its infrastructure needs. HP is investing in delivering the infrastructure that clients need to meet requirements of environments running SAP HANA.”
Speed time to value for real-time data analytics and data warehousing
HP ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA is optimized out of the box for analytics and data warehousing workloads, enabling clients to deploy faster and accelerate time to value.
Optimized for data management, the system enables clients to:
- Increase service levels with a resilient, fault-tolerant hardware infrastructure, as well as monitoring and management features, including HP Serviceguard for SAP HANA.
- Simplify their IT environment with an HP ProLiant Gen8 server and HP 3PAR storage featuring workload prioritization technology that allows clients to consolidate different SAP HANA workloads to run on the same system without impacting performance.
- Ensure the highest service levels with HP Proactive Care, which provides a single point of accountability for all system components, including SAP HANA software, to help clients identify and address IT issues regardless of where they originate.
HP ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA is based on a modular, standards-based architecture that gives clients the flexibility to start small and add capacity in as few as five days. Configurations range from 256 gigabytes to 2-terabyte scale-up systems within a single memory pool, and up to 16 terabytes with scale-out systems that bridge memory across systems.
“In-memory computing allows organizations to quickly make informed business decisions by processing complex transactions using massive amounts of data much faster than ever possible before,” said Matt Eastwood, group vice president and general manager, Enterprise Platform Group, IDC. “To capitalize on IMC, businesses need an architecture that is not only efficient, but that is highly available and easily scalable, so that organizations can quickly respond to changing needs of the business.”
Accelerate ROI with flexible deployment and purchasing options
To help clients quickly achieve their business goals, HP offers services that help clients develop a roadmap for SAP HANA adoption, migrate data from legacy databases and support data center operations across their complete SAP landscape.
HP also offers multiple deployment choices for HP ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA, from on-premises implementations to hosted or cloud services, to meet clients’ unique business requirements. In addition, for clients looking for flexible investment solutions to acquire HP ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA, HP Flexibility Capacity services along with flexible investment solutions from HP Financial Services offer simple, scalable and predictable monthly payment options that align technology and financial requirements to business needs.
Pricing and availability
HP ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA is expected to be available this spring for a starting price of $87,787 including HP support and deployment services. HP Serviceguard for scale-up configurations is expected to be available this spring for a starting price of $38,980 including HP support. Project Kraken is expected to be available worldwide later this year.
Additional information about HP ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA is available in a blog post titled “More Sharks in the Water! HP ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA: Meet the Industry’s Most Complete Offering for Advanced Analytics.”