GigaSpaces Integrates InsightEdge Platform with BigDL for Scalable Deep Learning Innovation
NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2017 — GigaSpaces, a leading provider of in-memory computing (IMC) platforms, today announced the new capability to simplify artificial intelligence (AI) through an integration between GigaSpaces’ InsightEdge platform and the Intel BigDL open source deep learning library for Apache Spark. The combined solution forms an enhanced insight platform based on Apache Spark; offering a distributed deep learning framework that empowers insight-driven organizations.
Adoption of AI innovations like deep learning is growing rapidly across industries such as financial services, healthcare, transportation, and retail; where GigaSpaces has a strong track record in delivering high performance solutions. In addition, the company has expanded its analytics portfolio over the past year to incorporate full-stack analytics (SQL, streaming, machine learning) through Apache Spark. The BigDL and AI portfolio provide an infrastructure-optimized solution for deep learning workloads leveraging Intel Xeon Scalable processors. Together the technologies fill a critical market gap by creating an intelligent insight platform that makes it easy to innovate on real-time advanced analytics applications with low risk and TCO.
Key benefits of the integration include:
- Cost savings: BigDL eliminates the need for a dense specialized hardware for deep learning, meaning low cost compute infrastructure using Intel Xeon Scalable processors that can train and run large-scale deep learning workloads without relying on GPUs.
- Simplicity: Deep learning scenarios are complex and require advanced and complex training workflows. InsightEdge’s simplified analytics stack, leveraging BigDL and Apache Spark (open source and widely adopted) eliminates cluster and component sprawl complexity; radically minimizing the amount of moving parts, while capitalizing on existing Spark competency.
- Scalability: The integration allows organizations to innovate on text mining, image recognition, and advanced predictive analytics workflows from a handful of machines to thousands of nodes in the cloud or on-premises, using the same application assets and deployment lifecycle.
“Harnessing the business value of artificial intelligence is often challenged by the lack of mature compute infrastructure and technology complexity, leading to inefficiency and slower time-to-analytics,” said Ali Hodroj, Vice President of Products and Strategy at GigaSpaces. “Our integration with BigDL helps enterprises deploy, manage, and optimize a simplified and comprehensive AI technology stack for automated intelligence without the need for expensive, specialized hardware or complex big data solutions.”
The solution will be demonstrated at the Strata Data Conference in New York, NY September 26-28 2017 and at Microsoft Ignite in Orlando, Florida September 25-29 2017. The demo presented will feature:
- AI-driven customer experience analytics through natural language processing
- Unified NLP, deep learning, and search in one simplified Spark distribution
During the demo, in order to illustrate an enhanced customer experience, customers will speak in their own words to a company’s interactive voice response (IVR). The IVR will be able to quickly understand what the customer needs and solve their problem through ML.
“BigDL’s efficient large-scale distributed deep learning framework, built on Apache Spark, expands the accessibility of deep learning to a broader range of big data users and data scientists,” said Michael Greene, Vice President, Software and Services Group, General Manager, System Technologies and Optimization, Intel Corporation. “The integration with GigaSpaces’ in-memory insight platform, InsightEdge, unifies fast-data analytics, artificial intelligence, and real-time applications in one simplified, affordable, and efficient analytics stack.”
For more information, visit www.gigaspaces.com.
GigaSpaces provides the leading in-memory computing platform for fast data analytics and extreme transaction processing. With GigaSpaces InsightEdge Platform, and its core engine XAP, organizations can overcome the complex obstacles of big data and advanced analytics to deliver real-time business impact. Hundreds of Tier-1 and Fortune-listed organizations worldwide leverage GigaSpaces across financial services, retail, transportation, telecom, healthcare, and others. GigaSpaces’ offices are located in the US, Europe and Asia. More at www.gigaspaces.com and blog.gigaspaces.com.