erwin Releases New Version of its Data Intelligence Suite
MELVILLE, N.Y., May 28, 2020 – erwin, Inc. released the latest version of the erwin Data Intelligence Suite (erwin DI) to make enterprise data governance faster and business users more knowledgeable about available data assets to facilitate sound decision-making. This release enhances erwin DI’s automation capabilities, including new AI/ML, a data lineage analyzer, data model integration and compliance-driven asset classification. It also provides an enhanced UI for the business user portal.
“COVID-19 has elevated the importance of data literacy and intelligence, making the right data governance platform essential to organizations so they can make both short- and long-term decisions regarding their business processes and also their entire business models,” said Adam Famularo, CEO, erwin, Inc. “Business transformation has to be based on accurate data assets within the right context, so organizations have a reliable source of truth on which to base their decisions. erwin provides an intuitive, robust data governance platform with the catalog, lineage, glossary and visualization capabilities needed to evaluate the business in its current state and then evolve it to serve new objectives.”
In fact, erwin DI combines data catalog, data literacy and automation capabilities for greater awareness of and access to available data assets, guidance on their use, and guardrails to ensure data policies and best practices are followed. Automatically harvest, transform and feed metadata from a wide array of data sources, operational processes, business applications and data models into a central catalog. Then make it accessible and understandable via role-based, contextual views so stakeholders can make strategic decisions based on accurate insights.
The latest version of the erwin DI Suite includes these new features:
- erwin AIMatch to automatically discover and suggest relationships and associations between business terms and technical metadata, reducing manual configuration bottlenecks
- Data lineage analyzer for a singular, grouped view of multiple tables and columns, hover traceability and tailored, role-based views for easier, faster analysis and interpretation of large data sets
- Enhanced mind map with personalization options to improve filtering and navigation for accelerated data discovery and impact analysis
- erwin DM Connect for DI to automatically harvest erwin data models and the associated metadata for ingestion into the data catalog for a single source of metadata
- Faster, more intelligent classification of technical and business assets with changes made automatically across data sets to support regulatory compliance efforts
- Improved sensitive data dashboard with drilldown by asset classification/type or system/environment to inform compliance, answering such question as “how many PII assets do we have?”
- Enhanced interface for the erwin Business User Portal with customization, configuration and navigation options that increase end user efficiency and data literacy
- Built-in onboarding tool to help customers learn the tool and become productive with it quickly
- More than 25,000 preloaded terms within the business glossary, including FIBO (financial industry business ontology) terms, to accelerate deployments and leverage best practices
“This latest release of erwin DI highlights more automation advancements as part of fulfilling our vision to offer the most automated data governance solutions so customers can increase their speed to insights,” Famularo added. “As we like to say, data equals truth and truth matters – today more than ever before – so our goal is helping customers find theirs as quickly and effectively as possible so they can be successful in their missions.”
And because every organization is unique with different requirements, erwin DI’s flexible metamodel enables the creation of a data governance and intelligence framework that meets an individual enterprise’s needs today and as they evolve. A customer can define any number of business asset types in the business glossary with associations between any physical and/or business asset. They are then available as new asset categories in the mind map for easy discovery and navigation.
Data is everywhere. So every day, industry and government are challenged to ride this massive data tidal wave. They have to manage both the massive risks and opportunities that come with high-volume, high-velocity and high-variety information assets that power their processes, technologies and ultimately their people.
At erwin, data is our business. It’s all we do. It’s all we’ve ever done. Given this expertise and customer needs, we’re focused on data governance as the guiding principle and underlying technology to mitigate risk and realize peak business performance. After all, data is an asset that must be inventoried, cataloged, protected and made accessible in the right context so employees can act on it.