Cambridge Spark to Launch Applied Data Science Bootcamp in Edinburgh
March 24, 2020 — Cambridge Spark is launching a new Applied Data Science Bootcamp in Edinburgh on September 12, 2020. The program is designed for people who want to advance their skills and gain practical industry experience by working on real-world Data Science problems. Taught over weekends, it’s an ideal solution for people who want to accelerate their data science career whilst still working full-time.
Become a Data Scientist in 6 months
In just 6 months, the programme promises to upskill learners in the most relevant techniques used by data science practitioners, help them develop a strong understanding of how to apply these techniques within their work, and receive personalised feedback to prepare them for a career in data science.
Training weekends are held fortnightly and are entirely hands-on with 160+ hours of face-to-face learning. The training is led by our team of experienced data science experts from some of the world’s biggest tech companies, including Google, Amazon, Oracle, and Goldman Sachs.
Live-coded video lectures will be provided to help learners recap and revise after each training weekend. Every topic is broken into bite-sized modules, providing step-by-step guidance to reinforce learning.
Learners will also complete 300+ hours of collaborative, continuous learning projects via EDUKATE.AI – Cambridge Spark’s proprietary AI-powered learning and development platform, as well as 90+ hours contributing to an end-to-end real-world data science problem.
To be eligible for the Bootcamp, learners must have intermediate knowledge of Python programming and use of the command line, basic probability and linear algebra skills, and familiarity with Git.
Tola Alade completed our Applied Data Science Bootcamp in 2019: “I would say I’m in a very different place, without this course I would not have landed my new job as a Data Scientist.”
Key program details:
- Applied Data Science Bootcamp
- Accelerated 6-month programme taught over 10 weekends
- Hosted at The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh – a 5-minute walk from Waverley Train Station
- Start date: 12 September 2020
- 160+ hours of hands-on, face-to-face learning
- 300+ hours of collaborative, continuous-learning projects via EDUKATE.AI – Cambridge Spark’s proprietary AI-powered learning and development platform
- 90+ hours contributing to an end-to-end real-world data science problem
- Access to live-coded videos to reinforce learning
- Peer learning via a Slack community, study groups and refresher sessions
- Career support, including recommended job opportunities that match the learner’s skills and technical advice on preparing for interviews
- Networking opportunities – a formal dinner, evening drinks and socials, introductions to industry partners and hiring companies
For full program details, click here.
About Cambridge Spark
Cambridge Spark is a leader in transformational data science and AI training, career development and progression. Our pioneering, customer-focused, training programs are built on our proprietary AI-powered platform, K.A.T.E., and accelerate the tech capability of both individuals and organizations. Our teaching staff are all PhDs with relevant technical backgrounds, as well as significant industry experience to ensure a practical, applied approach to developing Data Science skills.
Source: Cambridge Spark