Attunity Launches Streaming Data Pipeline Solutions for Data Lakes and Data Warehouses on Microsoft Azure
BURLINGTON, Mass., Feb. 12, 2019 — Attunity Ltd., a leading provider of data integration and big data management software solutions, announced two new solutions today, Attunity for Data Lakes on Microsoft Azure, designed to automate streaming data pipelines, and Attunity Compose for Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, designed to enable data warehouse automation for Azure SQL Data Warehouse. Both offerings utilize change data capture (CDC) capabilities to stream changes efficiently and continuously from many enterprise databases, mainframes, and applications such as SAP, to accelerate near real-time analytics, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) initiatives.
Enterprises are moving to cloud data lakes and data warehouses as they provide greater agility and elasticity; however, they continue to be challenged to efficiently create analytics-ready data sets from heterogeneous data sources. Such integration can be a manually intensive and complex endeavor, challenging to assemble and often resulting in outdated data when finally ready for business consumption. Attunity helps enterprises to overcome these challenges with solutions leveraging efficient data transfer and automated generation of data transformations to accelerate data pipelines – from the generation of source system data streams right through to the creation of analytics-ready data sets.
Attunity’s support for data lakes and data warehouses on Azure helps enterprises to:
- Improve operational efficiency and increase ROI – Using Apache Spark as a high-performance engine, Attunity for Azure Data Lakes is designed to automate the generation of transformations and analytics-ready data sets in data lakes running on Azure. This means that data engineers can expect to quickly create reusable, automated data pipelines that streamline the delivery of analytics-ready data sets to end users, lessening the need for manual coding or expensive development resources.
- Automate the design, data loading, transformation and updates of cloud data warehouses – Attunity Compose for Data Warehouses enables users to automate the data warehouse design, data loading, transformation, and updates for Azure SQL Data Warehouses, dynamically adjusting data sources and models to accommodate changing business requirements.
- Provide transactional data for analytics efficiently and in near real-time – Continuously streaming data and metadata updates powered by Attunity’s CDC technology means that data sets are accurate and current.
- Provision trusted data sets to promote confidence – Data lake users discover managed data sets through a catalog which includes metadata such as data lineage. As a result, users can be confident in the origin and preparation of their analytics-ready data sets.
- Establish best practices for real-time data pipeline delivery – Attunity’s offering is designed to automate the necessary steps in a multi-zone data lake and provide a full historical data store from which analytic-specific data sets are derived.
- Readily adapt to changing technologies – The Attunity for Data Lakes solution’s graphical interface and data pipeline management functionality readily adapts to changes in underlying data lake technology and new Microsoft Azure offerings with just a simple drag-and-drop.
“With this new data pipeline automation offering, we continue to strengthen our offering for Microsoft Azure customers and our work with Microsoft, empowering enterprises to easily and quickly automate their data lakes and data warehouses for more timely analytics,” said Itamar Ankorion, Chief Marketing Officer at Attunity. “These new solutions will help our customers to maximize their investment, continually reap the benefits of having their data on Azure and allow for real-time analytics using data we make available in Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Cloud SQL Database, Azure Event Hubs, and other analytics data services running on Azure.”
Daniel Yu, Director, Azure Data & AI Marketing, Microsoft Corp., said, “We expect that Attunity’s latest solutions for data lakes and data warehouses on Microsoft Azure will successfully enable both real-time integration and the automation of what could traditionally be a manual and complex process. We look forward to continuing our work together to accelerate delivery of analytics-ready data on Azure for enterprises looking to gain better business insights more quickly and easily.”