Follow Datanami:

Tag: data munging

Why Self-Service Prep Is a Killer App for Big Data

May 31, 2016 |

If you’re embarking upon a big data analytics project, you’re likely considering some sort of self-service data preparation tool to help you cleanse, transform, and standardize your data. And if you aren’t, you probably should be. Read more…

Six Core Data Wrangling Activities

Sep 14, 2015 |

With the growing adoption of big data infrastructure technologies like Hadoop has come increased awareness of the different activities involved in successful Hadoop-based analyses. Specifically, users have come to appreciate that “data wrangling” Read more…

Big Data’s Dirty Little Secret

Jul 2, 2015 |

The twin phenomena of big data and machine learning are combining to give organizations previously unheard of predictive power to drive their businesses in new ways. But behind the big data headlines that tease us with tales of amazing insight and business optimization lurks an inconvenient truth: Read more…

Why Big Data Prep Is Booming

Jun 22, 2015 |

The big data analytics space is growing as organizations attempt to turn massive sets of data into a competitive advantage. But this trend is also driving a secondary boom in the market for data preparation tools that clean big data prior to analysis. Read more…

Arcadia Emerges with Visual Analytics Running Directly On Hadoop

Jun 9, 2015 |

Arcadia Data today emerged from stealth mode by announcing $11.5 million in Series A funding and the limited availability of its flagship product: a Web-based visual analytics tool served directly from Hadoop. Read more…

Connecting the Dots on Dark Data

Feb 17, 2015 |

It’s estimated that 90 percent of the data in the average enterprise is “dark data”–that is, data that isn’t readily available for analytics—leaving only about 10 percent data exposed for doing analytics. Read more…

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!