DBHawk Enjoys Growth in the Cloud
The cloud has become the default deployment option for databases in 2021, giving companies more ways to store their data. This cloud migration is proving to be a boon for DataSparc and its DBHawk tool, which lets users access multiple database from a single location, including Redshift and now Snowflake.
DBHawk was designed to enable customers to query data wherever it sits, whether it’s a relational database or a NoSQL data store, and whether it’s running on prem or in the cloud. With so many new databases popping up in the cloud, the company is seeing demand for its product grow, according to Manish Shah, the founder and CEO of Datasparc.
“Many customers are looking for tools to access databases running on premise and cloud such as AWS RDS, Redshift, and Azure SQL,” Shah tells Datanami. “Besides DBHawk, there is no single tool that works with hybrid infrastructure and provides secure database access via SAML, ADFS, and AD authentication methods.”
Earlier this year, DataSparc became a select technology partner at Amazon Web Services, meaning DBHawk was given AWS’s blessing to access Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) and Amazon Redshift, its hosted data warehousing solution.
The San Diego, California-based company is also now supporting Snowflake, giving its users the capability to query one of the fastest growing cloud-based data warehouses.
In addition to AWS databases and Snowflake, DBHawk supports Cassandra, MongoDB, Oracle’s eponymous database, Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, SAP HANA, Vertica, and Teradata databases, among others.
Currently, the company is developing a new feature that will streamline the configuration of access to databases. Currently, database administrators must do some manual configuration to enable Datasparc users to access selected data sets.
The company wants to use machine learning technology to identify sensitive data sets, such as credit card information, that should be excluded from data access policies. The software will make suggestions to the administrator regarding which pieces of data to avoid, and then the administrator approves or rejects the change.
In addition to protecting sensitive data from Datasparc’s power tool, it will also help customers comply with industry regulations, such as FISMA, FERPA, GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI.
DBHawk is a browser-based tool that’s used for ad hoc reporting, as well as for online SQL editing. Datasparc offers it under an enterprise license, whereby customers run it on their own servers, as well as though a SaaS subscription. For more information, see the company’s website at www.datasparc.com.
September 27, 2021
- TIBCO Delivers a Comprehensive, Connected Platform for the Adaptable Digital Business
- The World Economic Forum Welcomes Western Digital to Global Lighthouse Network
- LevaData Introduces New Suite of Supply Management Software
- KNIME Data Talks: Bringing Business and Data Science Together; Set for September 29
- BriefCam Introduces Video Analytics Enabled on Deep Learning Cameras from Axis Communications
September 24, 2021
- AWS Announces General Availability of Amazon QuickSight Q
- IDC’s 3rd Platform Industry Spending Guides Provide In-Depth Sub-Industry Forecasts for Technology Investments Across Nine Industries
- Scality Awarded US Patent for Hyperscale Data Protection
September 23, 2021
- AtScale Expands Semantic Layer Solution for Microsoft Excel
- CNCF End User Technology Radar Provides Insights into DevSecOps
- At Annual OCEANS 2021, Sofar Ocean Debuts First-of-Its-Kind Maritime Open Standard, Bristlemouth
- Elastic Announces the General Availability of Elastic App Search Web Crawler, New Features for Elastic Enterprise Search
- Securonix Achieves FedRAMP In-Process Authorization
- EDJX and Cubic Corporation Partner to Launch the Internet of Military Things Edge Platform
September 22, 2021
- GigaOm Names Moogsoft an Industry Leader in “Radar for AIOps Solutions” Report
- Clearsense Acquires Plug-and-Play AI Analytics Firm
- Purdue University Global Launches Master of Science in Data Analytics
- Dihuni OptiReady CognitX Deep Learning Servers and Workstations Powered by NVIDIA Ampere Architecture-based GPUs
- Scality Awarded New U.S. Patent for Breakthrough Technology in Hyper-Scale Data Protection
- MicroAI to Bring AI Training to Renesas MCUs
Most Read Features
- One on One with Google Cloud Product Director Irina Farooq
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- What Is Data Science? A Turing Award Winner Shares His View
- Tabular Seeks to Remake Cloud Data Lakes in Iceberg’s Image
- What’s the Difference Between AI, ML, Deep Learning, and Active Learning?
- Who’s Winning In the $17B AIOps and Observability Market
- SambaNova Brings Custom Silicon To Bear on High-End AI Workloads
- How the Coronavirus Response Is Aided by Analytics
- In Search of the Modern Data Stack
- Rethinking Education in an AI-First World
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- LinkedIn Open Sources Tech Behind 10,000-Node Hadoop Cluster
- Data and AI Salaries Continue Upward March, O’Reilly Says
- Data Prep Still Dominates Data Scientists’ Time, Survey Finds
- Gartner Shuffles the Technology Deck with Latest ‘Hype Cycle’ Report
- Bigeye Observes $45 Million in Funding
- Who’s Winning in Open Source Data Tech
- Hands-Off: Manual Data Integration Tasks Plummeting, Gartner Says
- Why Is SAS Going Public?
- Unstructured Data Growth Wearing Holes in IT Budgets
- Apollo CEO Bullish on GraphQL’s Potential in the Enterprise
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- TIBCO NOW 2021 Showcases Limitless Power of Data
- Toloka Launches Data Research Grants, Announces First Eight Recipients
- Anaconda Announces Support for Pyston, Hiring Lead Developers Kevin Modzelewski and Marius Wachtler
- Kinetica Fuses Streaming and Contextual Analysis At Scale
- MariaDB Announces SIS Provider Campus Cloud Services Migration to MariaDB SkySQL
- Aporia Launches Self-Serve Machine Learning Platform Open to Public
- Snowflake Launches Financial Services Data Cloud
- Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC) Launches an Artificial Intelligence Benchmark (TPCx-AI)
- DataRobot Launches “DataRobot AI Cloud” Platform
- OneTrust Enhances First-Party Data Solution to Strengthen Holistic Consent and Preference Management Platform
- More This Just In…
Sponsored Partner Content
October 5 - October 7
October 12 - October 14
October 19London United Kingdom
October 27 - October 28
November 29 - December 3
December 6 - December 10San Diego CA United States