Insightsoftware Loads Up on Embedded Analytics with Logi, Izenda Deals
Insightsoftware, the acquisitive enterprise software vendor that purchased Logi Analytics earlier this month, is next acquiring Izenda, an embedded business intelligence specialist.
The buyer based in Raleigh, N.C., said Thursday (April 15) it would integrate Izenda’s platform with Logi’s to help users deliver insights within existing analytics applications.
Terms of the Izenda and Logi Analytics transactions were not disclosed. The deal for Atlanta-based Izenda is the latest in a string of at least 10 deals by Insightsoftware. The company focuses primarily on financial reporting and enterprise performance management software, but has been doubling down on business intelligence and embedded analytics during its recent acquisition binge.
Those and other deals are intended to expand Insightsoftware’s embedded analytics capabilities as an upgrade over traditional business intelligence and data discovery tools. The company said the low-code embedded analytics development tools acquired from Izenda and Logi would augment its analytics and operational reporting portfolio.
“Acquiring Logi Analytics a few weeks ago was a big step in this direction,” said Jim Triandiflou, Insightsoftware’s CEO. “Adding Izenda furthers our position with over 2,400 application teams around the world.”
Embedded analytics technology is used, for instance, to integrate charts, reports, dashboards and self-service exploration into enterprise systems. Embedded tools also are promoted as accelerating the steady shift toward self-service analytics, helping users find their own new data sources, for example.
The combined portfolios of Izenda and Logi Analytics would help users embed dashboards, reporting tools and visualizations into their applications, the company said. Izenda previously added document-oriented databases from MongoDB and Elasticsearch to its platform as data sources.
Two short years ago, it was Logi Analytics doing the buying when it acquired Jinfonet Software, developer of a Java-based architecture used to embed interactive dashboards and reports into web and other enterprise applications. At the time, Logi claimed to be “the dominant provider exclusively focused on embedded analytics.”
The northern Virginia company has been among the leaders in embedding data visualization and other analytics tools into web and mobile applications.
“The world of embedded analytics is growing quickly and has fundamentally improved how business teams digest and analyze data,” said Izenda CEO Christopher Carter.
“Joining forces with Logi Analytics opens up new opportunities to have a greater impact on our customers and business teams around the world, helping them get more out of their data to make better-informed decisions,” Carter added.
May 13, 2021
- Provectus Announces Partnership with Tecton to Collaborate on ML Feature Store
- Informatica Announces Free Service to Kick-Start Data-Led Migration on AWS
- ORNL Invites Student Scientists, Experts to Enter Smoky Mountains Data Challenge
- Leading Companies Use Neo4j to Enhance Cybersecurity
- Hivecell Partners with DataRobot to Empower the Enterprise to Deploy AI Solutions at the Edge
- Airbyte’s New Connector Development Kit Commoditizes Data Integration
May 12, 2021
- Confluent Launches Confluent for Kubernetes
- Amplitude Acquires Iteratively
- KX Partners with Databricks to Bring Ultra Real-Time Decision Making to Lakehouse Platform
- Digital Twin Consortium Announces Open-Source Collaboration Community
- Starburst Announces General Availability of Galaxy, Cloud-based Managed Service
- Digital Hive Puts a Consumer Face on Enterprise Analytics and BI
- DataRobot Launches AI for Health Incubator
- Build APIs Easier and Faster, All in 1 Integration Platform with SnapLogic
- PingCAP Announces Public Preview of TiDB Cloud
May 11, 2021
- Esri and IBM Team Up to Take on Climate Change with Call for Code
- Qlik Announces 2021 Global Transformation Awards
- UiPath Announces Integrations with Tableau to Transform Dashboards
- IBM Announces New Hybrid Cloud and AI Capabilities at 2021 Think Conference
- ChaosSearch Now Available in AWS Marketplace to Meet Fast-Growing Customer Demand
Most Read Features
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- What’s the Difference Between AI, ML, Deep Learning, and Active Learning?
- Composite AI: What Is It, and Why You Need It
- Big Data Predictions: What 2020 Will Bring
- Can Digital Twins Help Modernize Electric Grids?
- Understanding Your Options for Stream Processing Frameworks
- Who’s Winning In the $17B AIOps and Observability Market
- Cohesity Plots Data Biz Expansion from a Backup Base
- Why Data Science Is Still a Top Job
- 10 Big Data Statistics That Will Blow Your Mind
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- Confluent Files to Go Public. Who Could Be Next?
- Data Prep Still Dominates Data Scientists’ Time, Survey Finds
- DataRobot Refreshes AI Platform, Nabs Zepl
- Dataiku Gets Closer to Snowflake
- Insightsoftware Loads Up on Embedded Analytics with Logi, Izenda Deals
- ML Scaling Requires Upgraded Data Management Plan
- Grafana Ditches Apache 2.0, Switches to AGPL
- Performance, Complexity Dog K8S Growth
- Global DataSphere to Hit 175 Zettabytes by 2025, IDC Says
- Databricks Edges Closer to IPO with $1B Round
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- Novel Use of 3D Geoinformation to Identify Urban Farming Sites
- Domo Rated Exemplary Vendor in Ventana 2021 Embedded Analytics and Data Value Index
- Tecton Unveils Major New Release of Feast Open Source Feature Store
- KIOXIA’s PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs Now Qualified with NVIDIA Magnum IO GPUDirect Storage
- SC21: Introducing the [email protected] Data Science Competition
- Crayon Raises $22M Series B to Empower Enterprises with Competitive Intelligence
- Domino Data Lab Debuts New Solutions with NVIDIA to Enhance the Productivity of Data Scientists
- Gartner Highlights 3 Actions for Data and Analytics Leaders to Succeed in a Changing World
- Expert.ai Adds Human-like Understanding Capabilities to its Natural Language API
- Splunk Launches New Observability Cloud
- More This Just In…
Sponsored Partner Content
May 13 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm