Embedded Analytics Sector Consolidates
Embedded analytics specialist Logi Analytics Inc. is acquiring Jinfonet Software, developer of a Java-based architecture used to embed interactive dashboards and reports into web and other enterprise applications.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The acquisition announced Tuesday (Feb. 12) combines the two leading embedded analytics vendors. Jinfonet’s flagship JReport platform is a Java reporting system designed to deliver integrated business intelligence. JReport can be embedded into applications via a set of APIs. The reports and dashboards also provide interactive data visualization.
Jinfonet, Rockville, Md., said its Java reporting engine runs on in-memory “cubes” and distributed cluster servers.
“Applications are increasingly being driven by analytics,” said Logi Analytics CEO Steven Schneider. “By acquiring Jinfonet, we are creating the dominant provider exclusively focused on embedded analytics.”
The combination also would deliver new workflow capabilities along with the ability to write-back to a database. The buyer also touted Jinfonet’s “pixel-perfect” operational reporting while adding predictive analytics and security integration.
“Embedding analytics is all about contextualized data insights and how we can improve existing applications to enhance workforce efficiency from within the enterprise,” Dean Yao, Jinfonet’s director of marketing, told Datanami in 2017.
Logi Analytics, headquartered just across the Potomac River in Mclean, Va., has been among the leaders in embedding data visualization and other analytics tools into web and mobile applications.
According to a study commissioned by Logi Analytics last fall, embedded analytics accounts for more than half the value in enterprise applications. The company said the survey findings reveal that application developers are attempting to move up the value chain by offering new embedded features such as data visualizations, interactive dashboards and predictive analytics.
Embedded tools also are touted as accelerating the steady shift toward self-service analytics, helping users find their own new data sources, for example. That, in turn, frees developers to concentrate on core applications.
“We will continue investing in the embedded analytics space to bring innovations to application teams that are building mission-critical applications,” Schneider said in announcing the acquisition.
February 15, 2019
February 14, 2019
- Anodot Named to the 2019 CB Insights AI 100 List of Most Innovative Artificial Intelligence Startups
- HERE Establishes AI Research Institute With €25+ Million Funding
- LexisNexis Expands Data as a Service Offering With OpenCorporates Legal Entity Data
- Mahindra Selects VoltDB to Power ML-Driven Customer Experiences for Telecom Providers
- MicroStrategy to Introduce Its Next Generation of Enterprise Intelligence at Gartner Conferences
February 13, 2019
- Harley-Davidson Reimagines Riding with IBM Cloud
- FICO Xpress Insight Enables Users to Operationalize Analytics
- Tableau Releases Ask Data, a New Way to Analyze Data With Natural Language
- Lexalytics Announces Text Analytics Suite Availability for Any Computing Environment
- OpenCorporates Migrates To TigerGraph
- InfluxData Secures $60 Million in Series D Funding
February 12, 2019
- TaylorMade Golf Tees Off with Oracle Autonomous Database
- Datanami Unveils 2019 People to Watch
- Attunity Launches Streaming Data Pipeline Solutions for Data Lakes and Data Warehouses on Microsoft Azure
- Import.io Acquires Connotate
- Logi Analytics Acquires Jinfonet Software
- North Carolina Health Information Exchange Partners With SAS Analytics and InterSystems
February 11, 2019
- AMA’s Integrated Health Model Initiative Launches First Data Model
- TIBCO and IHS Markit to Deliver Advanced Analytics to the Energy Industry
Most Read Features
- 10 Big Data Trends to Watch in 2019
- Is Hadoop Officially Dead?
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- The ‘Big Bang’ of Data Science and ML Tools
- Why Knowledge Graphs Are Foundational to Artificial Intelligence
- Benchmarking NoSQL Databases
- What’s Driving Data Science Hiring in 2019
- How to Build a Better Machine Learning Pipeline
- Kubeflow Emerges for ML Workflow Automation
- Which Programming Language Is Best for Big Data?
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- Inside Fortnite’s Massive Data Analytics Pipeline
- AWS Launches Time-Series Database
- California’s New Data Privacy Law Takes Effect in 2020
- Google Brings Kubernetes Operator for Spark to GCP
- Microsoft Invests in Databricks
- Cloudera Unveils CDP, Talks Up ‘Enterprise Data Cloud’
- Intel Unveils Nauta, a DL Framework for Containerized Clusters
- Why Gartner Dropped Big Data Off the Hype Curve
- Gartner Sees AI Democratized in Latest ‘Hype Cycle’
- Global DataSphere to Hit 175 Zettabytes by 2025, IDC Says
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- Qlik Acquires CrunchBot and Crunch Data to Augment Conversational Analytics Capabilities
- Microsoft Acquires Citus Data
- New O’Reilly Report Explores Tools and Best Practices for Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
- Cognigo Pioneers Natural Language Processing Contextualization for Personal Data Protection
- Julia Is the #4 Top Machine Learning Project on GitHub
- H2O.ai Collaborates with Alteryx to Advance Data Science Workflows
- Confluent Propels Data Architecture into Event Streaming Era with $125 Million Series D
- H2O.ai and Kx Partnership Provides Faster Insights on Time Series Data
- Mastercard and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce ‘Data Science for Social Impact’ with Initial $50 Million Commitment
- RAIDIX and Seagate Demonstrate Advantages of Joint Solutions for Hybrid Storage Systems
- More This Just In…