Top 5 Reasons to Embed Analytics in Your Enterprise Apps
When is embedding analytics into your application the right option? What can it bring to my users? These are all legitimate questions for those who are less familiar with the benefits of embedded analytics and reporting. Here are some of the top reasons to embed analytics in your software applications.
Context is King
There are times when a traditional, enterprise-wide BI deployment does not make sense for your deployment. One of the main reasons organizations choose to embed is to contextualize analytics within a core enterprise application.
With this approach, you eliminate the thought disruption that occurs when people switch between multiple applications when trying to perform a task. Instead users can leverage context-sensitive insights which enhance the effectiveness of existing business applications.
Insights at the Right Cost
Embedded analytics solutions offer a cost-effective means of providing reports and dashboards within your application. These vendors pool their talent and development resources into the most cutting edge analytics technology just so you don’t have to, which is a key point in the debate to buy or build.
This is important as vendors offer multi-faceted tools that can accommodate many different types of use cases, which can be cost saving in the long run should your requirements change.
Finding a solution that complements your application is critical. Consider the performance demands you need and the scalable architecture of the solution you are evaluating. The most demanding applications may need multi-tenancy, single-sign on support, or even clustering technologies.
Self-Service: Business Intelligence is Democratized
When you embed all the features of a BI and analytics into your application, you enable a range of users to immerse themselves in analytics from within the application. Users can now digest and create compelling visualizations on their own — now everyone is a data guru.
Strong, intuitive report design interfaces can provide business and power users the ability to self-service their own analytics and benefits from data insights.
Modern embedded analytics solutions come with zero-training interfaces, drag and drop, and allow you to enable powerful self-service web-based customization and precision report designing tools.
Customized Experience for All Users
Embedded analytics offer in-depth customizability for both branding and designing an analytics workflow that fits both the user and application. Understanding your users is paramount to implementing any BI solution. In this case, customizing the analytics interface helps you tailor analytics to your users. You can place a custom set of analytics controls such as filters, parameters, slice-and-dice, and drilling down giving users context-specific actions that are related to their job.
Secondarily, understanding your applications current workflow can help you understand where analytics is best used. Perhaps you need a reporting tab? Maybe just charts embedded within sections of your application. The possibilities can be limitless.
Build Software Partnerships for Your Needs
Another benefit of embedded analytics is the partnership built with your vendor. Oftentimes, people elect to make their own analytics solution and find that it bites into their resources, leaving them with little attention to their core application, or they lack the resources to build out all the capabilities necessary.
With a software partnership, you gain a host of experts to support your analytics needs and a company involved in the evolution of BI. This means your embedded analytics tool is up to date and compliant to industry standards.
Embedding analytics is all about those contextualized data insights and how we can improve existing applications to enhance workforce efficiency from within the enterprise. In other cases, we embed into a commercial offering to provide insights to consumers and improve an existing product. This can all be achieved from an embedded analytics product — contextualized insights, scalability and performance, self-service, and product partnerships.
About the author: Dean Yao has over a decade of software marketing and product management experience. Prior to leading Jinfonet Software, Dean was a senior product manager at cloud computing startup Nimbula (acquired by Oracle), where he focused on technical best practices, competitive marketing, and product strategy.
October 15, 2021
- Elastic And Optimyze Join Forces to Deliver Continuous Profiling Platform
- Coveo Acquires Qubit
- Aicadium and SambaNova Partner to Bring AI Hardware Solution to Singapore
October 14, 2021
- Kinetica Now Accessible as a Service on Microsoft Azure
- Deloitte Launches CognitiveSpark for Marketing AI Solution
- Alation Acquires Artificial Intelligence Vendor Lyngo Analytics
- WeRide Relies on Alluxio for its Hybrid Cloud Storage Gateway for ML and AI
- FUJI Launches Sustainable Data Storage Initiative
- Logi Analytics Announces Logi Spark 2021 Virtual Conference
October 13, 2021
- Deephaven Community Core with Real-Time Data Capabilities Now Available
- Geospark Analytics Awarded Four-Year Contract from Department of State
- SparkBeyond Unveils No-Code AI Analytics Platform
- Dataminr is Acquiring Krizo, a Real-time Crisis Response Platform
- New Relic Launches Open Source Ecosystem of Quickstarts and Partner Integrations
- LogDNA Introduces Control API Suite to Give Customers More Control
- Elastic Announces Expanded Integrations with Google Cloud
- CrowdStrike Launches Free Humio Community Edition
- NetApp Announces its New Astra Data Store for Kubernetes Solutions
October 12, 2021
- Trifacta Touts Adoption of Data-Prep Tech on Google Cloud
- PrivaceraCloud 4.0 Enables Governed Data Sharing Across the Open Cloud
Most Read Features
- One on One with Google Cloud Product Director Irina Farooq
- Google Cloud Gives Spanner a PostgreSQL Interface
- What Is Data Science? A Turing Award Winner Shares His View
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- We’re In the Moneyball 3.0 Era. Here’s What It Means for Live Sports
- SambaNova Brings Custom Silicon To Bear on High-End AI Workloads
- Who’s Winning In the $17B AIOps and Observability Market
- What’s the Difference Between AI, ML, Deep Learning, and Active Learning?
- How the Coronavirus Response Is Aided by Analytics
- Five Real-World Applications for Sports Analytics
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- Data and AI Salaries Continue Upward March, O’Reilly Says
- LinkedIn Open Sources Tech Behind 10,000-Node Hadoop Cluster
- Data Prep Still Dominates Data Scientists’ Time, Survey Finds
- Bigeye Observes $45 Million in Funding
- Why Is SAS Going Public?
- Gartner Shuffles the Technology Deck with Latest ‘Hype Cycle’ Report
- Feature Stores Emerging as Must-Have Tech for Machine Learning
- Sisu Nabs $62M to Grow Data Analytics Biz
- Logistics Operators Look to Data, Technology for Advantage
- An Interactive Analytics Whiteboard for COVID Times
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- TIBCO NOW 2021 Showcases Limitless Power of Data
- Databricks Acquires Low-code/No-code Company to Expand its Lakehouse Platform
- Toloka Launches Data Research Grants, Announces First Eight Recipients
- BriefCam Introduces Video Analytics Enabled on Deep Learning Cameras from Axis Communications
- NetApp to Acquire CloudCheckr and Expand its Spot by NetApp CloudOps Platform
- OneTrust Enhances First-Party Data Solution to Strengthen Holistic Consent and Preference Management Platform
- Nutanix Cloud Platform to Deliver Strengthened Data Services for Unstructured and Structured Data
- Datatron Awarded U.S. Patent for Methodology for Modeling Machine Learning and Analytics
- Ketch Secures $20 Million in Series A1 Funding, Accelerating its Rapid Growth
- Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC) Launches an Artificial Intelligence Benchmark (TPCx-AI)
- More This Just In…
Sponsored Partner Content
October 19London United Kingdom
October 27 - October 28
November 29 - December 3
December 6 - December 10San Diego CA United States
February 7, 2022 - February 9, 2022Houston TX United States
June 26, 2022 - June 30, 2022Hollywood FL United States