Embedded Analytics Upgrade Looks to Bypass IT
Seeking to break down barriers to bypassing the IT department to deliver “self-service” analytics, embedded analytics specialist Logi Analytics has rolled out an upgraded platform that can be customized for individual enterprise users.
Logi Analytics, McLean, Va., said this week its Logi 12 platform attempts to address the growing need to get around the one-size-fits-all approach to business intelligence and enterprise analytics. It cited a recent study that found fully 93 percent of enterprises want to deliver access to business data without the help of IT administrators. Still, only 22 percent of study respondents reported they have access to or can use self-service business intelligence tools.
The company said it wants to address the troubling industry trend in which business intelligence vendors tend to focus on one type of user at the expense of others.
As part of its self-service analytics push, Logi said it has added a “discovery module” along with a data hub to its analytics platform. The module uses visualizations provided “within the context of the applications that workers, clients, and vendors use every day, rather than solely in standalone discovery tools,” the company said. The user interface also can be customized by IT prior to being embedded into existing applications.
The module comes as an add-on to Logi Info, the company’s analytics platform for business users.
The new data hub is designed to speed data connection, preparation and performance for self-service analytics on data derived from multiple cloud applications, databases or spreadsheets.
Meanwhile, the company’s self-service analytics application, Logi Vision, now incorporates an upgraded data visualization recommendation engine that learns from user activities. New project templates are designed to speed data discovery with pre-populated data connections, visualizations and dashboards that only require users to only plug in their data to begin analyses.
Self-service capabilities have also been expanded in Logi Info via an upgraded “self-service reporting module.” An updated user interface, faster creation of data visualizations, more granular control for analytical actions and additional data visualizations is designed to allow users to build customized reports and dashboards.
Logi Analytics business strategy rests on the premise that embedded analytics, the integration of analytic capabilities within business applications, are becoming more pervasive as software vendors and software-as-a-service providers embrace the approach.
In its annual survey of the embedded analytics market released in March, Logi Analytics found that 65 percent of application providers it contacted embed business intelligence and analytics into their products and services. What’s more, the rate at which embedded analytics is being adopted has grown to 40 percent of respondents’ total base of business analytics users.
The company claimed that total is 10 percent higher than adoption of traditional business intelligence tools.
October 15, 2021
- Elastic And Optimyze Join Forces to Deliver Continuous Profiling Platform
- Coveo Acquires Qubit
- Aicadium and SambaNova Partner to Bring AI Hardware Solution to Singapore
October 14, 2021
- Kinetica Now Accessible as a Service on Microsoft Azure
- Deloitte Launches CognitiveSpark for Marketing AI Solution
- Alation Acquires Artificial Intelligence Vendor Lyngo Analytics
- WeRide Relies on Alluxio for its Hybrid Cloud Storage Gateway for ML and AI
- FUJI Launches Sustainable Data Storage Initiative
- Logi Analytics Announces Logi Spark 2021 Virtual Conference
October 13, 2021
- Deephaven Community Core with Real-Time Data Capabilities Now Available
- Geospark Analytics Awarded Four-Year Contract from Department of State
- SparkBeyond Unveils No-Code AI Analytics Platform
- Dataminr is Acquiring Krizo, a Real-time Crisis Response Platform
- New Relic Launches Open Source Ecosystem of Quickstarts and Partner Integrations
- LogDNA Introduces Control API Suite to Give Customers More Control
- Elastic Announces Expanded Integrations with Google Cloud
- CrowdStrike Launches Free Humio Community Edition
- NetApp Announces its New Astra Data Store for Kubernetes Solutions
October 12, 2021
- Trifacta Touts Adoption of Data-Prep Tech on Google Cloud
- PrivaceraCloud 4.0 Enables Governed Data Sharing Across the Open Cloud
Most Read Features
- Google Cloud Gives Spanner a PostgreSQL Interface
- One on One with Google Cloud Product Director Irina Farooq
- What Is Data Science? A Turing Award Winner Shares His View
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- We’re In the Moneyball 3.0 Era. Here’s What It Means for Live Sports
- SambaNova Brings Custom Silicon To Bear on High-End AI Workloads
- Who’s Winning In the $17B AIOps and Observability Market
- What’s the Difference Between AI, ML, Deep Learning, and Active Learning?
- Five Real-World Applications for Sports Analytics
- How the Coronavirus Response Is Aided by Analytics
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- Data and AI Salaries Continue Upward March, O’Reilly Says
- LinkedIn Open Sources Tech Behind 10,000-Node Hadoop Cluster
- Data Prep Still Dominates Data Scientists’ Time, Survey Finds
- Bigeye Observes $45 Million in Funding
- Why Is SAS Going Public?
- Gartner Shuffles the Technology Deck with Latest ‘Hype Cycle’ Report
- Feature Stores Emerging as Must-Have Tech for Machine Learning
- Sisu Nabs $62M to Grow Data Analytics Biz
- Logistics Operators Look to Data, Technology for Advantage
- An Interactive Analytics Whiteboard for COVID Times
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- TIBCO NOW 2021 Showcases Limitless Power of Data
- Databricks Acquires Low-code/No-code Company to Expand its Lakehouse Platform
- Toloka Launches Data Research Grants, Announces First Eight Recipients
- NetApp to Acquire CloudCheckr and Expand its Spot by NetApp CloudOps Platform
- BriefCam Introduces Video Analytics Enabled on Deep Learning Cameras from Axis Communications
- OneTrust Enhances First-Party Data Solution to Strengthen Holistic Consent and Preference Management Platform
- Ketch Secures $20 Million in Series A1 Funding, Accelerating its Rapid Growth
- Sinequa Accelerates Time-to-Value with “Starter” Insight Apps
- Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC) Launches an Artificial Intelligence Benchmark (TPCx-AI)
- Indico Data Announces General Availability of Indico Unstructured Data Platform
- More This Just In…
Sponsored Partner Content
October 19London United Kingdom
October 27 - October 28
November 29 - December 3
December 6 - December 10San Diego CA United States
February 7, 2022 - February 9, 2022Houston TX United States
June 26, 2022 - June 30, 2022Hollywood FL United States