Embedded Analytics Goes Mainstream
Embedded analytics, the integration of analytic capabilities within business applications, are becoming more pervasive as software vendors and software-as-a-service providers embrace the approach. According to a new survey, embedded analytics is poised to overtake traditional business intelligence tools as it is folded into more applications and as users seek greater functionality.
In its third annual survey of the embedded analytics market, Logi Analytics also found that fully 65 percent of application providers it contacted embed business intelligence and analytics into their products and services. What’s more, the rate at which embedded analytics is being adopted has grown to 40 percent of respondents’ total base of business analytics users. Logi Analytics said that total is 10 percent higher than adoption of traditional business intelligence tools.
Moreover, 62 percent of application providers surveyed said they plan to invest in embedded analytics over the next year.
The upshot is that “all software applications are becoming analytic applications,” Alvin Wong, Logi Analytics’ product marketing manager, asserted in releasing the survey results.
The survey also found that dashboards are top embedded analytics capability, followed by self-service analysis and reports. “Application providers are trending towards infusing analytics as a natural part of the their application workflow,” the survey found. “This is especially true among those who have already embedded analytics, compared to those who have not.”
Almost two-thirds of software applications now embed business intelligence and data analytics, according to the embedded survey. Financial services, technology and manufacturing were the leading adopters, followed by health care, business services and retail.
Among the biggest potential investors in embedded analytics over the next year are the technology sector (80 percent), business services and retail (70 percent) and the construction sector (67 percent), Logi Analytics reported.
“The top reason to utilize a third-party product to embed business intelligence and analytics is to get to market faster,” the survey found. That result was expected “since competitive pressures and customer satisfaction drive the need to embedded analytics, and time-to-market is key to successful delivery.”
Moreover, functionality and “ease of integration” with existing platforms trumped price as the most important factors in selecting a third-party provider of embedded analytics tools. Almost two-thirds of those surveyed said functionality remains “very important” as a rationale for investing in embedded analytics.
In the three years the survey has been compiled, Logi Analytics said functionality has remained the top criteria for embedding analytics products.
Logi Analytics, McLean, Va., said its 2015 embedded analytics report was based on an online survey during February of more than 500 business and technology executives representing independent software vendors and software-as-a-service providers. Respondents included C-level executives, product managers and developers along with software engineers.
Ninety-three percent of commercial ISVs and SaaS providers said they have boosted revenues by charging an additional 25 percent for embedded analytics tools as compared to a 15 percent increase last year over the cost of their core offerings.
October 15, 2021
- Elastic And Optimyze Join Forces to Deliver Continuous Profiling Platform
- Coveo Acquires Qubit
- Aicadium and SambaNova Partner to Bring AI Hardware Solution to Singapore
October 14, 2021
- Kinetica Now Accessible as a Service on Microsoft Azure
- Deloitte Launches CognitiveSpark for Marketing AI Solution
- Alation Acquires Artificial Intelligence Vendor Lyngo Analytics
- WeRide Relies on Alluxio for its Hybrid Cloud Storage Gateway for ML and AI
- FUJI Launches Sustainable Data Storage Initiative
- Logi Analytics Announces Logi Spark 2021 Virtual Conference
October 13, 2021
- Deephaven Community Core with Real-Time Data Capabilities Now Available
- Geospark Analytics Awarded Four-Year Contract from Department of State
- SparkBeyond Unveils No-Code AI Analytics Platform
- Dataminr is Acquiring Krizo, a Real-time Crisis Response Platform
- New Relic Launches Open Source Ecosystem of Quickstarts and Partner Integrations
- LogDNA Introduces Control API Suite to Give Customers More Control
- Elastic Announces Expanded Integrations with Google Cloud
- CrowdStrike Launches Free Humio Community Edition
- NetApp Announces its New Astra Data Store for Kubernetes Solutions
October 12, 2021
- Trifacta Touts Adoption of Data-Prep Tech on Google Cloud
- PrivaceraCloud 4.0 Enables Governed Data Sharing Across the Open Cloud
Most Read Features
- Google Cloud Gives Spanner a PostgreSQL Interface
- One on One with Google Cloud Product Director Irina Farooq
- What Is Data Science? A Turing Award Winner Shares His View
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- We’re In the Moneyball 3.0 Era. Here’s What It Means for Live Sports
- SambaNova Brings Custom Silicon To Bear on High-End AI Workloads
- Who’s Winning In the $17B AIOps and Observability Market
- What’s the Difference Between AI, ML, Deep Learning, and Active Learning?
- Five Real-World Applications for Sports Analytics
- How the Coronavirus Response Is Aided by Analytics
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- Data and AI Salaries Continue Upward March, O’Reilly Says
- LinkedIn Open Sources Tech Behind 10,000-Node Hadoop Cluster
- Data Prep Still Dominates Data Scientists’ Time, Survey Finds
- Bigeye Observes $45 Million in Funding
- Why Is SAS Going Public?
- Gartner Shuffles the Technology Deck with Latest ‘Hype Cycle’ Report
- Feature Stores Emerging as Must-Have Tech for Machine Learning
- Sisu Nabs $62M to Grow Data Analytics Biz
- Logistics Operators Look to Data, Technology for Advantage
- An Interactive Analytics Whiteboard for COVID Times
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- TIBCO NOW 2021 Showcases Limitless Power of Data
- Databricks Acquires Low-code/No-code Company to Expand its Lakehouse Platform
- Toloka Launches Data Research Grants, Announces First Eight Recipients
- NetApp to Acquire CloudCheckr and Expand its Spot by NetApp CloudOps Platform
- BriefCam Introduces Video Analytics Enabled on Deep Learning Cameras from Axis Communications
- OneTrust Enhances First-Party Data Solution to Strengthen Holistic Consent and Preference Management Platform
- Ketch Secures $20 Million in Series A1 Funding, Accelerating its Rapid Growth
- Sinequa Accelerates Time-to-Value with “Starter” Insight Apps
- Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC) Launches an Artificial Intelligence Benchmark (TPCx-AI)
- Indico Data Announces General Availability of Indico Unstructured Data Platform
- More This Just In…
Sponsored Partner Content
October 19London United Kingdom
October 27 - October 28
November 29 - December 3
December 6 - December 10San Diego CA United States
February 7, 2022 - February 9, 2022Houston TX United States
June 26, 2022 - June 30, 2022Hollywood FL United States