Embedded Analytics Goes Mainstream
Embedded analytics, the integration of analytic capabilities within business applications, are becoming more pervasive as software vendors and software-as-a-service providers embrace the approach. According to a new survey, embedded analytics is poised to overtake traditional business intelligence tools as it is folded into more applications and as users seek greater functionality.
In its third annual survey of the embedded analytics market, Logi Analytics also found that fully 65 percent of application providers it contacted embed business intelligence and analytics into their products and services. What’s more, the rate at which embedded analytics is being adopted has grown to 40 percent of respondents’ total base of business analytics users. Logi Analytics said that total is 10 percent higher than adoption of traditional business intelligence tools.
Moreover, 62 percent of application providers surveyed said they plan to invest in embedded analytics over the next year.
The upshot is that “all software applications are becoming analytic applications,” Alvin Wong, Logi Analytics’ product marketing manager, asserted in releasing the survey results.
The survey also found that dashboards are top embedded analytics capability, followed by self-service analysis and reports. “Application providers are trending towards infusing analytics as a natural part of the their application workflow,” the survey found. “This is especially true among those who have already embedded analytics, compared to those who have not.”
Almost two-thirds of software applications now embed business intelligence and data analytics, according to the embedded survey. Financial services, technology and manufacturing were the leading adopters, followed by health care, business services and retail.
Among the biggest potential investors in embedded analytics over the next year are the technology sector (80 percent), business services and retail (70 percent) and the construction sector (67 percent), Logi Analytics reported.
“The top reason to utilize a third-party product to embed business intelligence and analytics is to get to market faster,” the survey found. That result was expected “since competitive pressures and customer satisfaction drive the need to embedded analytics, and time-to-market is key to successful delivery.”
Moreover, functionality and “ease of integration” with existing platforms trumped price as the most important factors in selecting a third-party provider of embedded analytics tools. Almost two-thirds of those surveyed said functionality remains “very important” as a rationale for investing in embedded analytics.
In the three years the survey has been compiled, Logi Analytics said functionality has remained the top criteria for embedding analytics products.
Logi Analytics, McLean, Va., said its 2015 embedded analytics report was based on an online survey during February of more than 500 business and technology executives representing independent software vendors and software-as-a-service providers. Respondents included C-level executives, product managers and developers along with software engineers.
Ninety-three percent of commercial ISVs and SaaS providers said they have boosted revenues by charging an additional 25 percent for embedded analytics tools as compared to a 15 percent increase last year over the cost of their core offerings.
July 2, 2020
- Anaconda Releases 2020 State of Data Science Survey Results
- Big Data Analytics Among Top Three Deployment Priorities for Enterprises, Says Frost & Sullivan
- Informatica Acquires Compact Solutions
- Confluent Announces Infinite Retention for Apache Kafka in Confluent Cloud
- BP Invests $5M in Geospatial Analytics Software Company Satelytics
- Data Visualization Gets Artificial Intelligence Boost with $5M NSF Grant
- LSU CS Professor Studies COVID-19 Disparities on Social Media
July 1, 2020
- OmniSci Powers New Website Enabling Public to View House-by-House Information On Flint Water Crisis
- Aerospike Adds New Partners to Meet Growing Demand in APAC Region
- Informatica, The ADAPT Research Centre Collaborate to Accelerate AI Research, Development
- Huawei’s Data Virtualization Engine openLooKeng Goes Open Source
- Zoic Labs Creates Interactive Data Visualization Tool, Connecting Scientists with COVID-19 Research Data
- Noodle Partners and Stevens Institute of Technology Address Shifting Demand with Online Programs
- Decisions, NLP Logix Partner to Deliver Machine Learning Capabilities to Business Process Management
- UMass Amherst Awarded Federal Grants to Support Research to Improve Pandemic Forecasting
- Yellowbrick Makes Cloud Disaster Recovery Service, New Features Generally Available
June 30, 2020
- Hitachi Vantara Names Gajen Kandiah as New CEO
- Ahana Announces Linux Foundation’s PrestoDB Now Available on AWS Marketplace and DockerHub
- Fivetran Raises $100M in Series C Financing Round
- American Family Insurance Data Science Institute Awards ‘Mini Grants’ to Advance Data Science
Most Read Features
- Big Data File Formats Demystified
- How to Build a Better Machine Learning Pipeline
- Nvidia Destroys TPCx-BB Benchmark with GPUs
- BI Tools — Are They Enough to Build a Data-Driven Culture?
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting the Market for Data Jobs
- Databricks Brings Data Science, Engineering Together with New Workspace
- What Is a Data Cloud? And 11 Other Snowflake Enhancements
- Understanding Your Options for Stream Processing Frameworks
- MongoDB Steps Up Game with MongoDB Cloud
- SAS Provides Big Data Solutions for… Bees?
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- New Report Ranks Countries by COVID-19 Safety
- New Map Shows Hundreds of Counties in the COVID-19 Endgame — and Thousands on the Uptick
- Spark 3.0 Brings Big SQL Speed-Up, Better Python Hooks
- IBM Brings Back a Netezza, Attacks Yellowbrick
- Blurred Lines: SAS and Microsoft To Go Deep in Analytics Partnership
- U.S. Special Ops Launches $600M Analytics Effort
- NIH Launches Massive Initiative for COVID-19 Patient Data Analytics
- War Unfolding for Control of Elasticsearch
- AWS Upgrades SageMaker Labeling Tool
- PrestoDB Hits Fork in the Road as Startup Gains Venture Funding
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- HSBC Joins Data Privacy Firm Privitar’s Series C Financing Round with $7M Investment
- D2iQ Unveils KUDO for Kubeflow to Accelerate Enterprise-Grade Machine Learning on Kubernetes
- SAS Debuts Tools to Gauge Risks and Impacts of Reopening
- The Linux Foundation Cloud Engineer Bootcamp Announced
- Technology Aims to Provide Cloud Efficiency for Databases During Data-Intensive COVID-19 Pandemic
- Databricks Introduces Delta Engine, Acquires Redash
- Cloudera Debuts its Cloudera Data Platform Private Cloud
- Alation Launches Data Governance Initiatives
- New Actian Vector for Hadoop Enables Real-time and Operational Analytics
- MariaDB Announces the General Availability of MariaDB Community Server 10.5
- More This Just In…