Embedded Analytics Goes Mainstream
Embedded analytics, the integration of analytic capabilities within business applications, are becoming more pervasive as software vendors and software-as-a-service providers embrace the approach. According to a new survey, embedded analytics is poised to overtake traditional business intelligence tools as it is folded into more applications and as users seek greater functionality.
In its third annual survey of the embedded analytics market, Logi Analytics also found that fully 65 percent of application providers it contacted embed business intelligence and analytics into their products and services. What’s more, the rate at which embedded analytics is being adopted has grown to 40 percent of respondents’ total base of business analytics users. Logi Analytics said that total is 10 percent higher than adoption of traditional business intelligence tools.
Moreover, 62 percent of application providers surveyed said they plan to invest in embedded analytics over the next year.
The upshot is that “all software applications are becoming analytic applications,” Alvin Wong, Logi Analytics’ product marketing manager, asserted in releasing the survey results.
The survey also found that dashboards are top embedded analytics capability, followed by self-service analysis and reports. “Application providers are trending towards infusing analytics as a natural part of the their application workflow,” the survey found. “This is especially true among those who have already embedded analytics, compared to those who have not.”
Almost two-thirds of software applications now embed business intelligence and data analytics, according to the embedded survey. Financial services, technology and manufacturing were the leading adopters, followed by health care, business services and retail.
Among the biggest potential investors in embedded analytics over the next year are the technology sector (80 percent), business services and retail (70 percent) and the construction sector (67 percent), Logi Analytics reported.
“The top reason to utilize a third-party product to embed business intelligence and analytics is to get to market faster,” the survey found. That result was expected “since competitive pressures and customer satisfaction drive the need to embedded analytics, and time-to-market is key to successful delivery.”
Moreover, functionality and “ease of integration” with existing platforms trumped price as the most important factors in selecting a third-party provider of embedded analytics tools. Almost two-thirds of those surveyed said functionality remains “very important” as a rationale for investing in embedded analytics.
In the three years the survey has been compiled, Logi Analytics said functionality has remained the top criteria for embedding analytics products.
Logi Analytics, McLean, Va., said its 2015 embedded analytics report was based on an online survey during February of more than 500 business and technology executives representing independent software vendors and software-as-a-service providers. Respondents included C-level executives, product managers and developers along with software engineers.
Ninety-three percent of commercial ISVs and SaaS providers said they have boosted revenues by charging an additional 25 percent for embedded analytics tools as compared to a 15 percent increase last year over the cost of their core offerings.
Rating the Advanced Analytics Vendors
Driving Analytics Into Facilities Management
March 22, 2023
- Nutanix Study Shows Data Management Becoming More Complex as Cloud Deployments Diversify
- Dataiku Joins NVIDIA DGX-Ready Software Program to Simplify Enterprise AI
- UC San Diego Data Science Student Provides Guidance for High School DataJam Team
- TYAN’s AI Inference-Optimized Platforms Add Support for NVIDIA L4 Tensor Core GPU
- Weights & Biases Announces Integrations with NVIDIA AI
- Vultr Announces Availability of NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPU and Partnerships with Domino Data Lab and Anaconda
- AnswerRocket Introduces Max, an AI Assistant for Data Analysis
- Panintelligence and Yellowbrick Data Partner to Improve Embedded Analytics for SaaS Applications
March 21, 2023
- Domopalooza 2023 Unveils Full Lineup of Industry Experts and Customer Speakers
- Ascend.io Announces Industry-first Data Mesh Innovation
- Aerospike Expands Community Leadership and Enterprise Support for Spring Framework
- Aible Unveils Enterprise-Grade Solution to Generative AI’s Hallucination Problem at the 2023 Gartner Data & Analytics Summit
- Akkio Launches Chat Explore Powered by GPT-4
- Cribl Releases Product Enhancements Across Portfolio to Simplify and Personalize All Observability Data
- Fauna Launches Serverless Database in AWS Marketplace
- DOE Recognizes 2 Decades’ Worth of Argonne’s High-quality Thermochemical Data
- Kyndryl Unveils Data and AI Console to Unify and Simplify Data Management for Customers
- Ocient Delivers Hyperscale OLAP and Real-Time Analytics at Petabyte Scale for Growing Base of AdTech Customers
- OVHcloud US Announces High Performance and Standard Object Storage Additions
- PingCAP to Close Out Data At Scale Roadshow 2023 with Final Stops in Chicago and New York
Most Read Features
- Prompt Engineer: The Next Hot Job in AI
- Data Mesh Vs. Data Fabric: Understanding the Differences
- Iceberg Data Services Emerge from Tabular, Dremio
- Open Table Formats Square Off in Lakehouse Data Smackdown
- Hallucinations, Plagiarism, and ChatGPT
- The Future of Databases Is Now
- Apache Pinot Uncorks Real-Time Data for Ad-Tech Firm
- GPT-4 Has Arrived: Here’s What to Know
- March Madness Brings Out the Analytics
- Five Drivers Behind the Rapid Rise of Apache Flink
- More Features…
Most Read News In Brief
- Observability Primed for a Breakout 2023: Prediction
- Mathematica Helps Crack Zodiac Killer’s Code
- Multi-modal GPT-4 Rumored To Be Released This Week
- Google Cloud’s 2023 Data and AI Trends Report Reveals a Changing Landscape
- Has Microsoft’s New Bing ‘Chat Mode’ Already Gone Off the Rails?
- Big Growth Forecasted for Big Data
- Andrew Ng’s Landing AI Offers Free Trial of LandingLens CV Platform
- Observability Overload: Grafana Labs Survey Builds a Case for Centralized Solutions
- Meta Releases LLaMA Foundation Language Models to Researchers
- OpenXLA Delivers Flexibility for ML Apps
- More News In Brief…
Most Read This Just In
- Google Cloud and Accenture Expand Strategic Partnership, Announce Platform Tech Integration
- Former Cloudera CPO & Hortonworks Cofounder, Arun Murthy, Joins Scale AI
- Colossal-AI Releases Open Source Framework for ChatGPT Replication
- Comet Releases MLOps Industry Report | 2023 Machine Learning Practitioner Survey
- HireLogic Secures $6M Series A Funding to Bring Conversational Analytics to Talent Acquisition Market
- Salesforce Launches Hyperforce EU Operating Zone
- Esri Releases New App to Easily View and Analyze Global Land-Cover Changes
- AWS Announces General Availability of Amazon OpenSearch Serverless
- Savant Labs Secures $11M Funding to Ease Operational Analytics
- Salesforce Delivers New Analytics, AI, and Automation Solutions for Communications Providers
- More This Just In…
Sponsored Partner Content
The Connected Worker Summit 2023March 28 @ 8:00 am - March 30 @ 5:00 pm
Modern Data Pipelines 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
AI in Finance Summit NYApril 20 - April 21New York NY United States
AI & Big Data Expo North America 2023May 17 @ 8:00 am - May 18 @ 5:00 pm
CDAO Insurance 2023June 13 - June 14