Splunk Reveals Fiscal Second Quarter 2015 Financial Results
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Aug. 29 — Splunk Inc., provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, has announced results for its fiscal second quarter ended July 31, 2014.
Second Quarter 2015 Financial Highlights
- Total revenues were $101.5 million, up 52% year-over-year.
- License revenues were $62.1 million, up 44% year-over-year.
- GAAP operating loss was $60.4 million; GAAP operating margin was negative 59.4%.
- Non-GAAP operating income was $1.6 million; non-GAAP operating margin was 1.6%.
- GAAP net loss per share was $0.51; non-GAAP net income per share was $0.01.
- Operating cash flow was $9.3 million with free cash flow of $6.4 million.
“We are pleased to deliver another strong quarter and thank our customers and partners for their continued support,” said Godfrey Sullivan, Chairman and CEO. “We continue to invest heavily in product innovation, including the industry’s first 100 percent uptime SLA for Splunk Cloud, we shipped a brand new product – the Splunk App for Stream for wire data – and delivered a new release of our App for Enterprise Security. I am also pleased to report the promotion of Haiyan Song to Senior Vice President, Security Markets.”
Second Quarter 2015 and Recent Business Highlights
- Signed more than 500 new customers, ending the quarter with more than 7,900 customers worldwide.
- New and Expansion Customers Include: Banco BPI (Portugal), Bass Pro Shops, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dell, Dropbox, Echo Entertainment (Australia), Equinix, GoodData, Itaú Unibanco (Brazil), Jefferies, La Poste (France), Milliken & Company, NASDAQ, Nordstrom, PCCW Limited (Hong Kong), Schneider Electric (France), SolarCity, State of Vermont, State Revenue Office Victoria (Australia), TELUS, UNE (Colombia), University of Washington and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Announced the industry’s first 100 percent uptime service level agreement for Splunk Cloud and a free Splunk Online Sandbox to give customers a trial experience of Splunk Cloud within minutes.
- Announced the general availability (GA) of the Splunk App for Stream to capture real-time streaming wire data to support app management, IT operations, security and business analytics.
- Announced version 3.1 of the Splunk App for Enterprise Security that delivers a new risk scoring framework to enable easier, faster threat detection and containment by empowering users to assign risk scores to any data.
- Introduced the Splunk Mobile App, which allows users to receive real-time alerts and leverage Splunk Enterprise on the go through an optimized mobile user experience.
- Announced a technical alliance with Syncsort to deliver machine data insights from mainframe systems.
- Named a leader in the Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for SIEM.
- Named to the SD Times 100 in Big Data and Business Intelligence.
- Named to Database Trends and Applications 100: The Companies that Matter Most in Data.
- Splunk customer Middlesex Hospital named to CIO 100 for use of Splunk software.
- Splunk customer UCAS awarded Public Sector Project of the Year by Computer Weekly for use of Splunk software.
- Launched eRegulations Insights, an open data analytics project that collects and analyzes information on public comments submitted through Regulations.gov.
The company is providing the following guidance for its fiscal third quarter 2015 (ending October 31, 2014):
- Total revenues are expected to be between $105 million and $107 million.
- Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be approximately 1%.
The company is updating its previous guidance for its fiscal year 2015 (ending January 31, 2015):
- Total revenues are expected to be between $423 million and $428 million (was $402 million and $410 million per prior guidance provided on May 29, 2014).
- Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be approximately 1% (was approximately zero per guidance provided on May 29, 2014).