SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. and HANNOVER, Germany, March 4 — Terracotta, Inc. today unveiled the newest version of its flagship in-memory data platform, BigMemory, and a native in-memory platform named In-Genius. With BigMemory version 4.0, enterprises can move hundreds of terabytes of high-value data from disk drives to machine memory.
BigMemory 4.0 also delivers reliability and flexibility that were available only in traditional, disk-based data management systems. In-Genius will allow organizations to discover hidden insights and act on them. As a result, enterprises can reduce risk, automate business processes and deploy new offers, products and services, in real-time.
The Terracotta BigMemory 4.0 in-memory data management platform achieves up to 60% faster data access at terabyte scale. New features in BigMemory 4.0 include monitoring and management of in-memory data and restart for disaster recovery. BigMemory 4.0 also adds a free production version of BigMemory Max for distributed in-memory data management, as well as compatibility with Hadoop.
“The amount of data generated in minutes each day in 2013 equals the entire amount of data generated between the dawn of civilization up until 2003,” said Robin Gilthorpe, Chief Executive Officer of Terracotta, Inc. “The expanding volumes of different types of data from mobile, cloud, social, sensors and devices are creating incredible complexity for businesses.”
Available as a stand-alone solution, BigMemory 4.0 will also power In-Genius. BigMemory 4.0 will also be the in-memory data platform for webMethods 9.0 from Software AG, introduced at the CeBIT conference.
BigMemory 4.0 Product Features:
- Integration allows for movement of in-memory data and insights between BigMemory and Hadoop for real-time enterprise intelligence.
- BigMemory 4.0 achieves up to 60% faster data access.
- Reloading in-memory data after maintenance or outages is faster.
- Free production version is available for download at terracotta.org, in addition to a free 30-day trial of the BigMemory 4.0 full version.
- Customizable Web dashboard delivers control and measurement of distributed in-memory cores.
- Search of in-memory data sets is faster, and Java 7 is supported.
“The proliferation of devices has dramatically changed the requirements for IT organizations chartered with the gathering, management, analysis and delivery of important data and insights,” said Robin Gilthorpe, Chief Executive Officer of Terracotta, Inc. “The emergence of the Industrial Internet and machine-to-machine communications means billions of sensors are now a new type of client, adding further complexity.”
Scaling Up and Out
In-Genius will deliver real-time insights from any kind of data and distribute them to any delivery channel, including web, mobile and point-of-sale. At the same time, In-Genius will enable new applications that scale up and out and adapt to new data sets.
“The Industrial Internet has opened up new horizons, using intelligent machines to accelerate productivity, reduce inefficiency and waste, while still enhancing the human work experience,” said Bill Ruh, Vice President and Corporate Officer, GE Global Software Headquarters. “These intelligent machines both create and rely on massive amounts of data to make smart decisions.”
In-Memory Capabilities Core to In-Genius
The In-Genius platform will integrate ultra-low latency messaging and event stream processing of data from all data sources. In-Genius will also enable high-volume applications to communicate with each other and with in-memory data stores. With its event-driven architecture, In-Genius will gather and act upon streaming or events for reporting, analysis and real-time response.
The ability to act on insights derived from terabytes of data in real-time can transform entire industries:
- Financial Services — Terracotta In-Genius will allow companies to stop fraudulent transactions using complex pattern detection before transaction authorization rather than after.
- Logistics Companies — Real-time supply management routings based not only on package location but also on historical data, traffic sensors, weather, calendar events and other patterns emerging from data.
- Retail Stores — Instant and personalized recommendations not just on the web but at the point-of-sale across all stores.
“At AdJuggler, we're building a one million transaction-per-second online advertising marketplace,” said Ben Lindquist, Vice President of Technology at AdJuggler. “Speed at scale is everything, and we are past the point where we can do things in traditional ways.”
In-Genius general availability is planned for the third quarter of calendar 2013.