Solera Networks today announced the results of comprehensive hands-on performance testing and benchmarking conducted on its Solera DeepSee platform by Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). The first of its kind testing validated DeepSee’s Big Data Security Intelligence and Analytics capabilities, along with its performance and accuracy claims for enterprise and service provider network deployments.
According to the report, “ESG Lab has confirmed that the DeepSee platform has the performance that’s needed to capture, index and analyze real-world network traffic within organizations and enterprises of any size.”
Highlights of ESG’s test results include:
- Wire speed fixed packet capture and index — ESG validated that DeepSee can capture and index full packets at a 9.85 gigabits per second (Gbps) line rate.
- Full fidelity capture, index and deep packet inspection — ESG confirmed that DeepSee can collect, classify and perform deep packet inspection of application-level service provider and enterprise network traffic at 5.35 Gbps and 3.62 Gbps respectively.
- Big data security analytics and insight with 100 percent accuracy — ESG also validated that the DeepSee platform accurately classified 125 of 125 applications and 25 of 25 different file types.
- Intuitive threat visibility and intelligence — ESG also evaluated DeepSee’s ability to reconstruct e-mails, instant messages, images and files, as well as its integration with industry-standard reputation services.
- Context-aware integration — As part of the evaluation ESG also looked at context-aware integrated workflow with leading security appliances such as an IPS system.
“In ESG Lab’s testing, Solera DeepSee demonstrated levels of performance and accuracy that are needed to capture, index, classify, and analyze real-world network traffic in the enterprise," said Jon Oltsik, senior principal analyst at ESG. "For organizations seeking to drive their defense-in-depth strategy to new levels of protection, performance and intelligence with big data security, ESG Lab testing validates that Solera Networks can meet enterprise performance and security requirements.”
Apart from testing Solera DeepSee platform’s performance and accuracy capability, ESG also validated DeepSee’s ability to deliver situational awareness, cyber threat protection, security incident response, policy compliance and data loss monitoring. According to the report, “Solera Networks not only records every packet, flow and file that traverses your network, but also provides a fast and intuitive user interface for real-time and back-in-time security intelligence and analytics.”
Solera Networks will present a summary report of ESG’s validation testing at booth #2345 at RSA Conference 2013 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.