RSA today announced the upcoming release of RSA Authentication Manager 8, the next-generation access control solution engineered to combine both strong one-time password technology and risk-based authentication to secure access to sensitive data and resources in the enterprise and the cloud.
RSA Authentication Manager 8 is engineered to use a risk-based approach to evaluate and assure user identities transparently. User login processes are designed to be fast and simple while RSA's Risk Engine conducts authentication checks in the background against a number of risk factors to help assure the security of every user session.
RSA Authentication Manager 8 is designed to provide deeper visibility into access control risk by building user profiles based on both device and behavioral characteristics to detect and permit normal behavior and challenge or block anomalous activity. It provides secure access control that goes beyond stand-alone two- and multi-factor authentication methods. Able to employ more than 100 risk factors in near-infinite combinations, organizations can evaluate trust and risk based on user activity and can establish an acceptable level of authentication assurance based on individual risk tolerance.
RSA Authentication Manager 8 takes an intelligence-driven security approach to detect unauthorized access and anomalous activity while the self-learning risk engine protects against current, emerging and future advanced threats. The built-in features are designed to both minimize help desk calls and enable IT teams to do more with less by addressing time-consuming and costly tasks of managing a traditional enterprise authentication deployment. In addition, RSA Authentication Manager 8 includes secure software token provisioning, ensuring that sensitive token or user information can be created dynamically and without having to be sent over the Internet.
Risk-based authentication can be deployed alongside RSA SecurID hardware, software and on-demand authenticators. Use cases can be expanded to cover applications and users including temporary employees, contractors and partners that were previously viewed as too cost-prohibitive to cover using strong authentication.
Additionally, RSA Authentication Manager 8 will be available as a VMware Virtual Appliance which can help organizations leverage the potential of their virtual environments by streamlining deployment, administration and on-going system management.
RSA Authentication Manager 8 leverages the same risk engine technology found in RSA Adaptive Authentication and combines it with RSA SecurID technology to provide a solution strong enough to meet the diverse needs of any enterprise. When combined with RSA Access Manager and RSA's federated solutions, RSA Authentication Manager is engineered to support a broad range of enterprise use cases and cloud applications.
"As the enterprise perimeter continues to disappear and the threat landscape continues to change, so must our approach to authentication. Today, only 20% of enterprises deploy some form of strong authentication for their users – leaving the other 80% at risk. Our goal with RSA Authentication Manager 8 is to turn what is fundamentally a Big Data problem into a cost-effective and seamless solution that can help protect 100% of users. By leveraging a Big Data Risk Analytics approach, we are taking the next step towards creating an 'infinite factor' system where nearly any element, device attribute or behavior can be part of the equation to calculate risk and authenticity of a user while making it simpler and more effective for the end user," said Manoj Nair, Senior Vice President and General Manager, RSA Identity & Data Protection.